danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
The word "Trap" is now banned on r/animemes

| To me its retarded to even think about doing this but they did it. Still I would like to hear your opinions.
LET'S KEEP /a/ /a/live.

| Source?

| dont care

| >>686499 https://www.reddit.com/r/Animemes/comments/i2mn3g/rule_5_update_as_of_today_the_word_trap_is_now/

| That's just retarded.

| genuinely dgaf

the fact that one side says "this is kinda a dehumanising term that aligns with rhetoric that gets trans people hurt" and the other says "no it's a fetish term let me rub it to ostensible girls that have a dick attached" kinda says a lot

| >>686515
Holy fuck that's dumb

| "It's a trap! You thought you got turned on by a hot girl but it was a guy all along! Feel the shame!!"

| >>686571

lmao they take Kierkegaardian pains to explain exactly why they did it and that's your response??

damn people are really getting bent outta shape over this and my trans ass is just cackling

| The worst part is that they (weebs) dont even use it in a negative conotation, for them its just a word to describe a character trope, but because the mods of their reddid are trying to do virtue signiling a bunch of memes, comments and people have been banned

They could make so everytime the word is used they would check if it was actually used as a slur to offend someone

| retarded but who the fuck cares r/animemes was a cesspool anyway

| I forgot danger/u/ was a shitstain site that only has people say "who the fuck cares" to literally anything

| >>686622b why should people in here care if they don't visit/ not the target audance of that subreddit to begin with?

So you want people holding up their pitchfork and get angry for something that they are not familiar with? Then you are asking for mob mentality.

| *target audience

| is there some kind of SJW for anime community now in r/animemes

| >>686626 agreed but why say "don't care," just ignore the thread inrtead of being dismissive

| just adding 'don't care' to the thread is like trying to shut the thread down by making it seem like the site's community doesn't care. that's asking for mob mentality too.

| >>686626 why should people respond to a thread theyre not interested in with a "I DoNt CaRE"?

>so You WanT PeoPle HoldinG Up tHeiR PitcHfOrk anD g--
No, I just wanted to point out so many threads are met with dismissive pricks like >>40bafb >>4be513 and>>0e20d6

Just go post to threads that aCtuaLly maTter to you thanks

| >>686580
Like mate, despite their reasoning it is still pretty dumb. I read the entire post and I still think it's retarded.

As other people said weebs weren't using it as an offensive word but a few people got offended by it regardless now that word gets banned?

Imagine if every time something pissed me off I could cry and get it outlawed.

It's honestly such a stupid thing, banning a word isn't gonna stop any abuse or hate from people, it's just gonna piss everyone else off.

| >>686683

Then you really missed the point

Repeatedly characterising it in a vacuum as "just a word" that random sjws have some agenda over is just wrong. They explained in no uncertain terms that liking crossdressers/using the term trap on your own time doesnt in any way make you the bad guy, and that they were making a choice based on inclusion that frankly i as a trans woman can respect

Lmao no ones freedoms are being infringed nor are crossdresser memes or media banned sooo

| >>686683

Also it's a subreddit. "Outlaw" is such a laughable term to describe this like fuck hahaha

"M-muh freedom of speech....."

| You guys have no clue about the impact of language. "Trap" has a bad connotation, and as such it implicitely describes something bad.
So the stance of banning this use of the word means "we don't want to implicitely describe that as something inherently bad". It doesn't matter what people think about it, using a "bad" word will always have an implicit bad impact.
And for fuck's sake, stop screaming "SJWs!!!" everytime you see something you don't like. That's idiotic and fallacious.

| wait.. "trap" is bad word now? or should I say it as "t" word?

| >someone said "trap"
>I feel triggered as a trans person or a boy that has woman face
>wait that's for anime
>I still triggered!! Apologize! BANNED this word!!! BURN EVERYONE THAT SAYS "TRAP"

| >>686696
> AnD foR fuCk's sAke, stop "Banning words" evEryTime yOu seE worDs YoU dOn'T lIke. That'S iDioTic aNd fAllAcIoUs.

| That shit's dumb but I couldn't care less
r/animemes has been nothing but using the same fucking format for years

| As in meme formats. Browsing there for a few minutes makes you realize that's all they got to offer
>drake format
>useless goddess XDDDDDD
>FBI open up
>ah i see you are a man of culture as well
and so on

| >>686711

Lmao exactly

| >>686655 how so? Did you not read OP? OP asked for opinion, and if the majority of gurls don't care, then that's just how it is.

>>686657 because OP asked for opinion? OP asked for opinion, gurls posted their opinion. If anything, people that posted "I don't care" made the contribution for this thread to stay active. Would you rather for them to ignore it?

Then if no one posted in the thread, the thread dies and you go "weeeeh, no one posted, pricks don't care about my feelings"

| And the sjws have come
>>958f73 >>4be513 yall clowning
Contexct is important, nigga(an actual slur) can be said depending on context so why should they BAN the word trap?
Cant they just do what >>686582 said,only ban the people using it in a negative way?

| >>686728 hey why dont you go "not care" on another thread if you want to keep then active, since you care so much about it

| >>686655 except that it's just you extrapolating shit in your head? No matter how much "I don't care" is being posted, it doesn't stop people that cares to post their opinion. It also can't shut down a thread.

You are literally being mad because people don't post their opinion the way you like it. And when you get called out for forming a mob mentality, you just say "no u" because that's how it works in your autistic mind.

| >>686732 i dont care

| >>686731 idk, ask gurls that say "I don't care" in this thread. I only posted because some people are sulking seeing "I don't care"

If no one sulked, I would have just read this thread and not post, thinking "I got no shit for this, fam"

| smelly, dumb reddit scum

| People who cares strongly about this kind of stuff are losers.

| >Asks for opinion
>Gets an opinion
>"That's not the opinion I wanted! I only wanted opinions that agrees with me!!

This place is turning more and more into an echo chamber every day that passes. This place is for bitter people to complain about complete inane topics such as a subreddits updated posting policy. Who the fuck have time and energy to care about such trivialities

Take that shit to 4chan and let dangsru stay comfy and laid-back.

| >>686747 no one did that here, people are either talking about the actual topic or wanking the i dont care thing cuz they have nothing to do also

I dont care

| bbuuuurrrnnnn..... lmao

| Meh, don't care

| This thread is a meme.
Bet 50$ it's gonna get closed.

| Life is closed

| And screw animemes mods for making something so stupid

| In general the only people who complains about inane rules like these are the ones they apply to.

| >>686792 nice bait

| >>686792 +1

| >>686792 Yeah, same as "you can't critisize if you're not an expert". Such an idiotic mindset

| >>686792
Yup

| >>686747 if you dont care, dont bother replying. simple as that.

>"ThAt's NoT tHe OpInIpn I WaNtED! I OnLy WanTed Op-

Nah, man. I wouldve not suLkEd if you said "the bans understandable" or some shit, bc thats an actual opinion

| In any case, I'm done here. I'm okay with the ban, just wished they did it on a case by case basis than an blanket ban.

See you all next thread when femboy gets banned and people go apeshit.

| >>686879
"You can't critize if you don't know what you're talking about" is a pretty solid argument, anon.

>>686926
Don't care and didn't read lmao

| This is very /a/live! Too bad it's tldr for me <3

| >>686928
You are genuinely clueless if you think anyone will spend time and money on policing something inane like this...

| ngl i didn't even know this reddit existed until this thread.

thought about sharing the news in danger/discord/ but I don't think its that important. Sucks to be a bredditor.

| >>686949 r/komi is doing it and they so animemes can definetly do it, they just banned it cuz the are lazy and didnt think this trough

Total number of posts: 55, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1596937825

This thread is permanently archived