danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
How would your ideal isekai be

| A lot of people say that the isekai genre is bad, so what would your ideal story be like

| It would be like my life is now except slightly better. I E I would be more privileged, have more money, a nicer house and better looks.

| >>674648 thats just a power fantasy, literally what people complain the most on isekai

| >>674652
This is the reason why the trash that isekai is is popular in the first place.

| isekai wouldn't be so well known if it wasn't so criticized.

| >>674652
Wanting a nicer life isn't a power fantasy lmao

If it's not slice of life isekai then I'm not interested.

| It's a bad idea as a whole. You can't make a good story out of it

| People really are toxic when it comes to genres with a lot of popularity, isekai isnt bad its just saturated, like fps back in 2010 and plataforms in the early 2000's

| Slice of life doesn't need good stories though. Azumangah Daioh and Sketchbook are literally about nothing.

I don't read isekai so I don't know much about it but isn't Jin considered one of the better ones? It's about a brain surgeon who travels to the Endo period and tries to practice medicine using the limited resources available.

| >>674717 that was an isekai, and it was good, people are just tired of the modern formula of a shut in who goes to another world and gets super powers and a harem

| So for them isekai is just that, a power fantasy, when in reality its a genre with many beautiful stories and possibilities, chiriro was an isekay and I dont see anyone assumimt it is bad

| >>674716 eh, not really. When cute girls doing cute things, moe, and magical girls shows were the bomb, no one really shit on them that badly. People who dislike moe would either say "not this shit again" or they simply don't watch it.

But if you look at shounen and isekai, they are constantly being make fun of because how lazy they are; namely: Bland and OP protagonist, harem, weak world building, unexplained mechanics, asspull/plot armor.

| And I think those are some deserved criticism for shounen and isekai.

I mean, didn't we get 2 very similar shounen shows, airing at the same season? Asterix Wars and Failed Knight.

No one can keep count of isekai shows that has their protagonist transported after they get involved in a traffic accident (hit by a truck) to the point that people meme about it. And then good luck on keepung track how many generic "demon lord" there are.

| Honestly anything that doesn't devolve into "main character is overpowered" nonsense. I think there's some mileage out of MC being useless in real life but finding new opportunities in the other world. Something about finding a reason to live from new friendships and pushing their boundary. Cheesy but not trash.

I'm also kinda hoping of an isekai with the characters still having a normal life so they have to balance the two worlds.

Total number of posts: 14, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1593580958

This thread is permanently archived