danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
What do you think about : CG- style anime

| What are your opinions on CG- artstyled anime nowadays, Do you like them or do you hate them. Explain why so.
(Imo i don't really hate them, but if i had to choose between a traditional style or CG, i would pick traditional, all the way.)

| They make it to save some money, why would I like it after that?

| I love traditional and digital animation but bruh have you seen how the new lupin movie looks like? It's perfect

| I don't despise it, cg is usually always dissapointing and done soley to save money but Houseki no Kuni is the only anime that was greatly enhanced because of the 3dcg. It was done artisticly and intentionally and is one of the most beautiful things to watch. When cg is done right, it's good otherwise it's just an ugly money saver.

| I don't like it. It looks like shit. That's all.

| if the story is good, then the animation still sucks

| 2d animation almost always looks better than 3d, whether in anime or in the west. So much more freedom for style in 2d

| Cg is good only when everything is cg and main focus is on making it look good, not to save money. Also I don't think CG and 2d mix well. Every time I see something out of place I feel really disappointed.

| uncanny when done wrong, cool when done well

| >>669466 >>669502
Dang I must have looked at this phrase different from everyone else. "They make it to save money" means it's less arduous to create, which means less pressure on the animators, which means they can make things faster. That's a good thing in my book.

| As for the quality itself, that depends a lot on how it's used. If it's just some background thing, I'm more ok with it being kinda bad as long as it's not distracting (e.g. the 3D in Kimetsu no Yaiba). Like, I'd vastly prefer that over overworking animators on unimportant bg detail.

If the entire thing is 3D, it better be good. Lupin III movie and Houseki no Kuni are excellent.

| >>0856b9
Oh no I definitely agree with you, I'm not saying having it in background crowds or whatever is necessarily a bad thing, it may stand out a bit but I can live with it, it becomes a problem when important scenes are ruined because of it.

Total number of posts: 12, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1592174829

This thread is permanently archived