danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Watching Lucky☆Star...

| And I don't think I get it. It's just okay. Why is this regarded as such a classic must watch? It's got some elements of moe, but... that's... about... it? Is the show just banking on Konata being #relatable to weebs? If I had to sum it up in one word, it'd be mediocre. I'm planning to write a review, so I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something important.

| Maybe I just had high expectations?

| Because you're young and can't relate to the mid-00 culture. Also, 13 years late.

| >>641937 op here. nah, I'm not that young. I was around and in the anime scene in the mid 2000s. And besides, normally I "get" older anime, but this one's an exception. Maybe I would have found it hilarious back in the day... and I've just moved on?

| I tried watching it once, but dropped it, like, 10 minutes in. Usually I watch at least 3 episodes before I start judging something, but, yeah. It just really wasn't for me.

| Lucky Star was the very first anime I actually finished beginning to end. Started me down the path of weeb.

It's nostalgic for me, but in hindsight it's just a moeblob. Nothing special. Maybe because it was one of the first cute girls doing cute things for no reason.

| Probably all of the memes and references idk, moe shit ain't really for me either

| >>642041
Yes.

| >>641947
As a fellow oldie, you have to remember the context of the time. It followed after Haruhi, was the formost moe slice of life, and the opening is still very solid. It was at the forefront of the rising style at the time and lots of anime have taken stylistic cues from it.

It reminds me of new anime fans not getting the hype over the original Evangelion. After seeing countless derivatives, seeing the source material doesn't seem interesting or new.

| >>642209
this

Total number of posts: 10, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1586409308

This thread is permanently archived