danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Summer Pockets Review

| So finished all the routes and I gotta say, I'm kinda disappointed. Probably the least favorite Key VN of mine. Granted, when you finish all routes in a Key game that's when things turn up because a true route kind of thing opens up, but in previous games I was always already totally invested at this point. I hope it turns out good.

I think a big part of my disappointment is that it's like I'm playing an early access VN

| Later this year, there'll be three more routes and even a new girl entirely (so four routes really) along with a load of other side events. That's pretty much double the amount of content that's currently in the game because right now there's only four routes. I don't like that Key's been doing this with their VNs, happened to Little Busters too, but that was only like one or two routes added I think.

Anyway, don't think there are many VN enthusiasts on /a/ so guess that's all.

| VN enthusiasts are supposed to be on /v/ I think. At least I am.
Thanks for sharing your opinion. I am thinking of playing it at some point. So it doesn't have true route open, because there are unreleased girl routes? Or you mean you didn't like the true route?

Jun Maeda is a genius and he did partake in it. Guy made Lisa's career with his Girls Dead Monster original music. Shame he's not writing scenarios for these VNs anymore.

| It has a true route, but I meant I made this review prior to starting the full route. I'm finished with it now though.
Maeda's great, but I actually liked Rewrite more than Little Busters and I believe he didn't have a major role in writing that one. But I guess that's kinda an unpopular opinion.

The true route for Summer Pockets was good. It was on par with what I actually expected from Key.

| If I were you, I'd wait till they release Reflection Blue

Another problem I have with the game is how different the approach towards routes was. In this game, they give you map (right after the prologue) and you just choose the girl whose route you wanna go on over and over. Very straight-forward. There's no real common route so in most routes you rarely hear anything from any of the other characters.

So when they add more "every-day life scenes" it might be better.

| >>641704 Haven't played Rewrite yet either. Was waiting for a steam release, but seeing how SP is there, it probably won't happen.
Maeda wrote 70% of Clannad scenario I think, but on the later games he distanced himself from writing more and more, not sure how much of LB he wrote.

What's Reflection Blue? Patch/expansion/new route?

Maeda's writing scenario for his next game - Heaven Burns Red. Kinda wanna finish rewrite and summer pockets until then.

| Wonder why they skipped over Rewrite. What's wrong with reading the fan translation though?

Reflection Blue is the expansion, yeah. Three girls that already are in the game are getting routes plus there'll be a new one.

Well, reading SP makes me want to get back into reading VNs so I move onto Majikoi! Spending the quarantine reading VNs lol

| >>641998 Steam is nice because of regional pricing mostly. Wherever else it sells, I bet it costs a hefty sum. Could always pirate it I guess. I love key too much to pirate their games I'd like to believe though.

VN in quarantine sounds nice. Guess I'd be doing that too if not for work.

Total number of posts: 8, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1586203058

This thread is permanently archived