danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Aku no Hana

| Randomly stumbled across the ending song of this anime and decided to watch it. Hooooly fuck. That anime is a wild ride. It got a lot of hate for the artstyle, but I found it to be okay. Reminds of how Ping Pong got hate for its artstyle.

Anyway, what a roller coaster of emotions. I feel like I just came across a hidden gem. Almost every episode had me thinking "How is there more of this?!" and it just kept giving. It's kinda hard to watch at some points because of the absurdity.

| Glad I watched it though. Great anime, looking forward to reading the manga and seeing how it ramps up.

| huh damn why must you remind me of ping pong. now i wanna watch it again.

and tbh "bad" / far from moe art style is a sign of quality if anything. what kind of asylum patient of a director would go out of their way to make an anime that looks like crap if the story is just not exceptionally good.

in other words, watch tekkonkinkreet

| Aku no Hana is amazing! It's sad that they never made season 2 just because people hated it for the art style. Sure, the art style was completely different in the manga, but an anime director taking some creative freedom with their work is not a bad thing. The art style is super unsettling, and it's supposed to be. You always feel uneasy when watching it, and it's just so fucking good.

| Haku no Tata

| >>610144
banned

| >>609978
Man, I loved the classroom trashing scene. My friend thought I was crazy for liking it, and I agreed with them.

| >>610167
Crazy for liking it? Why? It's an objectively good scene. It's great for character development, it's very well made and it really hits. It pushes the plot forward in very well and makes the interactions afterwards come natural and it's just good. It's satisfying too.

| >>610171
Ah, no, my friend didn't watch it. I only described the scene to them because it particularly stand out to me, and I mostly described the "satisfying" part over anything else. You know what I mean. Probably.

| >>610179
Oh, yeah, ok. Then I get it. When watching it it's amazing though.

Total number of posts: 10, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1575651984

This thread is permanently archived