danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
What's an obscure series you're dying to talk about?

|

| Boogiepop is another proof that mal/anilist rating is a fucking joke.

| >>589810 why? I didn't watch it, was it way better than people rated it? Or the other way around?

| i really like akb0048 which seems like an forgotten idol series, i liked it a lot tho, its like cyberpunk / scifi idol stuff with fun music

| >>589811 it is one of my favourites. Interesting characters, amazing art, the best ost I ever heard, and most importantly, the message. It might be hard if you're relatively new to anime though.

| i don't know if it's obscure enough, but i watched Kare Kano and it just blew my mind. great story, very fun and lovable characters, and amazing animation. if you're willing to watch it, keep in mind that it got cancelled at episode 26, so it doesn't have a proper ending. You can watch episodes 1-18 and quit the series so you don't see the second, unfinished arc. There's also a manga which ended properly
Probably the best shōjo i've seen, please give it a shot.

| Euphoria.

| I am not really dying to talk about it ands not too obscure but Blend-S is one of my favourites if you like small 12 episode slice of life give it try

| >>589900 smile sweet sister sadistic surprise suka blyat

| Obscure series? Definetly Mushishi. It's great. It's amazing. It's...Subarashii.

| Has anyone watched Btoom!!!...
IT FUCKING SUUUUUUUCK AND I HATE IT AND FUCKING WATCHED WITH FRIENDS AND THEY ALSO HATE IT IT THE FUCKING WOOOOORST

| >>589900 it's pretty fun, but I like 'Working!!' better.

Anyone here watch Arakawa Under the Bridge? Or Casshern sins? Those were somewhat popular but seem to have fallen to obscurity lately

| >>590007
>Arakawa Under the Bridge
Ah yes, before memes took over and japanese absurd comedy were the way to go. Those were good times.

| >>589995 I watched episode one and dropped it, pretty shit, tbh. People shit on Goblin slayer for having rape scene at episode one, it's like they forgot that Btoom did it first lol.

| >>590064 I think it's because BTOOM released when edgy content was considered cool.
I also dropped it on episode one.

| How about Earthian, anyone else here watch it?

| Samurai chanploo is sooo good!!!! The soundtrack is so good and the fights and everything its so good!!!

| >>590064 but not only in the first episode, but for some reason the blonde girl was constantly getting a borderline rape.
>>590212 yass really like the soundtrack. I thought it was cool at the first 5 minutes with the "break" and they actually "break" into the feudal japanese setting. Fucking lovely

| 12 kingdoms, sci-fi Harry, Gun Grave, Geno Cyber.....

| There are actully two series, theres the Grisaia Series (asako besto) and tonikaku kawaii. Both are godlike.

| >>589810
Oh hey I actually just started watching Boogiepop (the new one). I'm not sure if I can say I like it, since it's so opaque, but it's def one of the most interesting shows I've watched

| Seitokai no Ichizon its a pretty underrated show in my opinion. Maybe not as good as Lucky Star but definitely worth watching. Yet i almost never find people that watched it.

| I'd like to introduce you to the underrated rollercoaster of bizzareness - Alien 9

| >>590289 well, throughout the whole season, they are fighting the same type of monster who raped people at the first episode. If after episode one, they don't show the threat of that, then it is more reason to call the show being unecessarily edgy at the first episode for the shock value.

| >>590304
>Grisaia
I really enjoyed the Grisaia series myself.

| Boogiepop. Just listen to the Ost. It's weird and difficult and I had a crush on the witch but it was fresh air. Good air

| Also i am typing that while taking a shit at gamescom

| Not sure how obscure it is but 'Ah,my goddess!" Has hot to be one of the most wholesome franchises ever

| >>589810 such as gridman a.k.a. one of the best of 2018 if you have a decent taste

| Song about a piece of junk is my favorite sol and it's so relatable and comfy. Has anyone else read it?

| >>590669 the original OVAs where the first anime DVDs I ever bought and I got them with no knowledge of the franchise. Adventures of mini goddess is an interesting little spin off if you haven't seen that.

| Honestly older anime honestly. Stuff like Horus and Versailles No Bara. They just don't get talked about. All the new anime I watch is the popular stuff really.

| One of the more obscure titles I found worth watching is Irresponsible Captain Tyler. It's kinda hit-or-miss, but I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Total number of posts: 33, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1566668789

This thread is permanently archived