danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Is crunchyroll worth a sub?

| It's reasonably priced in my region, but it does have half the good shows unavailible due to licensing limitations. I'm not even sure there are any good new animes anymore.

| Ehh it's a mixed bag, on one hand paying for content is a good thing, on the other they started as an illegal fan sub site got popular and basically killed fan subs, they have region locks, but you just need a cookie to bypass it, they've also been cought re encoding stuff to much lower quality about 3 days after release meaning the stuff you find on nyaa is higher quality (if you use a pirate streaming site your eyes are probably so bad you won't tell the difference anyway)

| If you want a good option is pirate and buy the Blu-ray, you get it early, support the show and don't have to deal with region issues

|

| No

| To be honest just stream anime.
You can see all of your favorite shows and save money.

| yes

| I like it, but where I live the only other legal options to watch anime are hidive and Netflix
Both habe smaller (anime) libraries than crunchyroll

| >>562538 that's basically the only options I'm aware of unless you count vrv or something

Also please for the love of God don't stream pirated anime, just torrent it like a normal person, the quality will be better, you won't give your computer aids and you can support the few fan subbers that still exist instead of just watching crunchy roll subs ripped and put on another site

| Just pirate everything.

| >>562571 That's what I'm doing. They don't even sell Blu-ray anime here (or anime at all). And I'd want japanese subs in those or not worth.

| No (2)

| As far as I can say from experience ,Crunchyroll shoved itself into most/all Spanish speaking countries and licensed literally everything, taking down many fandubs and download sites, and thus killing many communities in the process.

Legalities aside, they knew what they were doing and so they are a bunch of assholes, they want to be the Netflix of anime with no competition whatsoever and this is something that should not be supported

>>562571

This is the only (moral) option IMO

| They are way cheaper than netflix (here at least) and have everything unlike netflix (putting region blocks aside). And there are some worse subs out there. I know cause I use them as I'm not subscribed. Crunchyroll has quality control, I think. But regional blocks suck so I guess I might as well not support them.

| >>562571 I would torrent but my upload speed is shit and it makes me feel bad that my share ratio are mostly 0.01, I'm mostly using XDCC for anime now.

| No (3)

Just pirate everything.(2)

| No (4)

Just pirate everything (3)

Give this a watch.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uCYGWeSh378

Total number of posts: 17, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1558669915

This thread is permanently archived