danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Anime with political intrigue

| I study political science at school and let me tell you: IRL politic is fuckin exhausting!!

So now I want some fictional politic! Give me your recs!

Doesn't have to be ABOUT politic. Something like Attack on Titan S3 or Fullmetal Alchemist will be perfect

| Most Gundam series, especially older ones, but definitely not the ones about gunpla(build fighters and build divers) and also not Mobile Fighter G Gundam
Gundam Seed might be a good start it leaks politics from most characters

| I felt that the first season of Log Horizon did decently in regards to political storyline.
I have not watched S2 however, but people have said it focuses on a band of adventurer kids more than what people could tolerate.

| >fictional politics

do indian politics count?

| >>547794
Sure?? Now I'm intrigued
-op

| Try Monster, it has a bit of everything.

| GATE, though I suggest the mango over the animoo.

One that I watched recently is Princess Principal, which takes place in an alternate victorian/world war 1 era England which has been split into the Kingdom of England and Commonwealth of England, and involves a group of young spies from the Commonwealth as they go on missions at the behest of their handlers.

Also, America is still a set of colonies at the time of the show (although the revolution is just around the corner).

| Code geass

| >>548109

| If you think about it, Death Note is about the shortcomings of Japanese govt and law enforcement when it comes to supernatural cases.

| I'm suprised no one mentioned "darker than black".
Also "higurashi no Naku Koro ni" contains (mostly local) politics as plot element.
"Full Metal Panic" is more about military stuff, but as we know warfare is us fortunately a way to make politics. At least it's politically controverial.
Talking about War, I should not forget to talk about my favourite "Berserk" (read the manga. The anime adaptations suck tbh.)

| >>548295
*unfortunately

| Ayy thanks for the recs, folks! Keep 'em coming!
-op

>>548099
I have a weakness for steampunk and Princess Principal honestly looks pretty interesting. Please tell me these girls are actually badass and not fanservicey.

| They're super badass

| Legend of Galactic Heroes

| >>547790 I don't remember the anime but the light novel has really interesting parts about politics

| Only anime ive witnessed a moderate amount of politics in is log horizon

| Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex had some politic in it; The 12 Kingdoms; Maou Yuusha; Lord Marksman and Vanadis; ACCA: 13-Territory Inspection Dept. To name a few.

| >>548532

They aren't fanservicey at all, even considering that all but one of them are lolis. (Well, technically only the ninja is a loli, since the others are like aged 17+).

At any rate, fanservice would have ruined the serious tone of the series, which is pretty brutally established on episode one. You'll see what I mean.

| >>549153
Oh wow, sounds like my thing then. Thanks!

| Legend of the Galactic Heroes, has space fights and politics

| I always have been interested in the politics of the monarchy of code:geass

| Gunslinger girl is also a good choice, the art change from season 1 to 2 is pretty drastic. Pretty sure both seasons are also on Netflix as well.

| Surprised LOGH has only been recommended twice. One of the best anime I've ever seen

Total number of posts: 24, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1554945321

This thread is permanently archived