danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
The most cliche anime story ever

| Have you wounder how every anime always has the same elemtent. For example the good guys always wins, main character parents are killed either in accident or just sick, main character said that he is from another univarse, and many more
Just saying. I mean movies always like this too, but i think most anime already over used all cliche thing.
People probably will complain but i just want to know if people do have the same opinion as mine

| Shit i can change title
I forgot it was suposed to be
"Many anime has cliche storyline"

| >>541392
There's 'cliche' and then there's 'convention'.

Main character winning is a convention. You want the character you root for to win, but you can subvert this expectation by killing them (but this is NOT a good idea if you want fans to stick around enjoying your story).

Other things you mention seems to stem from one genre. Maybe try expanding your horizon a tad? Anime can share same elements, but they aren't all like that.

| And it's not just anime. All form of storytelling will share one convention with another. A horror story will have a tense, dark elements to it; a love story will stir the audience with emotions; a hero story will have powerful characters and objectified hurdle to overcome.

In the end, it's up to the author to mix, match, and subvert the expectations. It's not really the medium's fault when the trend is for a certain genre to keep existing.

| Yea, though there ARE unique animes. Monogatari series, for example

| >>541419
Of course, you can't mention unique animes without having our in-house anime, Lain/SEL.

| The single most cliche storyline in anime is definitely
Unpopular boy meets popular girl, they hate each other and there is an airhead girl in the group, then a trap joins and little by little the unpopular boy gets a harem but he's afraid to choose and never gets to ever kiss a girl even though all girls(and probably the trap too) want him

| Tropes are not bad. Tropes are not good. Tropes are tools.

Some tropes are overused, but sometimes we want the comfort from that familiarity. Sometimes writers can take advantage of that familiarity. And sometimes they fail.

| You need to watch better anime.

| cliche, right?

| They are only cousins! xD

| What is the most cliche animu out their

Total number of posts: 12, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1553535637

This thread is permanently archived