danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Does animation really matter?

| I always see people complaining about how "the animation sucks" so they won't watch a certain show. If a show is made and animated a certain way it's usually to represent and suit the way that the mangaka wanted to present it to the audience.

I think it's disrespectful to the animation companies and the mangaka if you drop a series or manga just because the animation or the art style looks bad. But ya know... We all like what we like.

What do you guys think?

| yeah it just preference, and i don't think that disrespectful or what, it's their fucking choice, and no concern for you at all.
except they go to a length to personally insult without having any concrete reason or even to make construct criticism to the creator, now that individual is piece of shit and that's disrespectful

| and sometimes the animation matter though. if you read LN, having to watch the animation somehow making you feel that build up excitement for how long you want the series you love get animated, because LN is just our interpretation, so having to watch different from what you are imagining is kind of exciting. But still, if the plot is so fucking different from the LN and instead the animated version got infested by fanservice shit, damn that sad

| Characters and story are definitely what people care most about in most forms of entertainment, but anime is a visual medium and capable of insane things other mediums are not.

There are lots of interesting stories told in anime, but if the visual aspect is specifically what someone likes about the medium, you can't blame them for dropping shows with uninspired animation.

| Yes.
It's not the most important factor, but if a good story has a cheap budget and shitty animation it can ruin the experience.

| Remember original Kanon. Animation is forgivable to a degree, more than studio amok with char design. If you're talking about an all-CGI copout then forget it, that shit is cheap cancer and I feel no remorse for my "disrespect"

| It does indeed matter to some people, if it's bad enough to notice it'll take me out of the show thinking about how things could have been done better instead of the thing I'm supposed to be watching

| Yes it does, as most anime are based on manga/novel/light novel/visual novel; if the anime has nothing but some colors and audio, then might as well read the source material. That way I can control the pacing myself.

Also a lot of anime tells similar story anyways. Cute girls doing cute things, isekai, idols shows; the easiest way to tell if these kind of show is worth watching is by seeing the animation.

| For example, cooking shows from last year. Both amaama to inazuma (sweetness and lightning) and isekai shokudou (restaurant to another world) are cooking shows.

Amaama has great and detailed cooking animation, while ishekai is just doing the usual food slideshow. I decided to watch the one with better animation and didn't regret it a single bit because it ended up become one of favs in the season.

| I feel that consistency is more important. It's more jarring when a decently animated show gets a sudden burst of QUALITY/slideshows or some random out of place 3DCG, running at different framerate, appears out of nowhere.

| Animation brings life and vibrance out of anime, since the story not only has to be good but also be well-presented to viewers, so if animation is bad it wouldnt be such a fun ride.

My sister my writer is one recent example of bad animation, or at least an inconsistent one. The staff's been plagued as well. People didnt exactly enjoy it bc the animation killed it for them, along with other issues.

| Nice try A1

Total number of posts: 12, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1548547115

This thread is permanently archived