danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Why can't jojo fans admit it isn't good?

| Like, when people ask me if it's good I tell them "it's not good, but it is fun" but like the fans actually seen to think it's good despite the mediocre meme-tier writing

| Because different people have different taste

| Because being fun is a kind of goodness. What is "good", as in the concept of "good" for you, OP?

| Maybe because they like it? What if someone called your favourite anime "shit"?

| Tbh the writing can get pretty bad, especially in earlier parts. 4 was really good but I only loved jojo when I got to part 7.

It's definitely not for everyone and it's not the best manga ever like the fanbase hypes it up to be. I like it, though, and to each their own

| G/u/rl seems like you haven't met Naruto and Tokyo Ghoul fans yet

| >>362939 I hate it when someone says "it's definitely not the best manga" like how the fuck can you decide that? Saying that is primitive and ignorant, every person has their own opinion and you just disturbed mine.

| >>362842 what does meme-tier even mean? At least use real words to express your shitty opinions

| Because it’s good lmao

| >>362980 chill gurl, I'm just saying it has its own flaws. You're still allowed to like it, don't let some anon disturb your opinion lol

| watching a boiler explode in slow motion is "fun" but doesn't constitute a "good" story.

| Why do I need to admit that some anime I like isn't perfect? I like the absurd themes and stages, and I can enjoy something without going on and criticizing everything.
I hate Dragon Ball because it's overrated, like some hate JoJo, and I don't go around shitting on it.

| >>363035 man it's pretty straightforward

| >>362968 except people acknowledge how bad that is, jojo has this weird hype train that's in constant denial
It's ok to enjoy bad things but good god it's amazing how worked up jjba fans get when you imply it's not god's gift to anime

| Ftr I enjoy jojo but it's just
Not great
It's good for some laughs at how ridiculous it gets buy ultimately it's like a masculine invader zim, it's "lol XD so randum" humor but im weeb format but people pretend it's less weeb because it's got muscle men

| Because you can't admit that a thing isn't good if it is good. It would be a lie.

| please explain to me how it is good
I've seen plenty of evidence of it being goofy and nonsensical
but nobody has talked about what makes it good

>>362893
engaging, well written, possibly something that makes you think or grow attached to characters outside of "what's this idiot gonna do"(tbf tho speedwagon and cesare managed this for me but none afterwards)

>>362911
but I'm not calling it shit, just saying it's not that good

| and because whenever someone mentions it's not that good you immediately get people like
>>362980
>>363035

who have to mudsling instead of talking about it
you can like it, it's no big deal

| >>362911 Not OP, but I'd expect someone would call my fav anime shit if I bring it to the internet. Being overly defensive about your fav anime won't change people mind about it, having your fav anime trashed shouldn't change your enjoyment watching it.

| >>362892 >>362892 >>362892 >>362892
Ding ding ding ding ding /thread

| Fun = good? You're contradicting yourself in your very first sentence. Ya just /thread'd yourself. Unless you think fun = bad.
Something can have average/okay writing and still be good, not every good thing has to be the greatest thing in the world.

Yeah, the writing's not the best, but to me it's one of the most fun and enjoyable anime/manga to consume.

| >>363332
see
>>363061

| >>363333
I never said the story was good, see >>363332
OP's asking why is JJBA good, not why the fans think the story is good. If OP phrased it differently, then this thread would be a different.

| Gonna soapbox for a post, but another reason I like JJBA is the art. The art is great. It, along with Berserk, got me into drawing males. Beforehand, I mainly drew women. Berserk's got far better art and really drove it home, but JJBA was a launching pad that lead me to pay closer attention to body details and proper proportions and all that stuff. For that, JJBA will always be one of my top series.

| I am op
and fun does not equal good
in fact some things are fun specifically because they aren't good(cheesy old horror movies, for example)

but people like you aren't the ones I take issue with.
It's more the people who swear by jjba but constantly trash talk other animes(often ones with more thoroughly thought out plots tbh) and act like it's the only good anime

| Battle Tendency Jojo is genuinely good. All others... Okeyish, I guess

| Uhh, "the story isn't good" what exactly are we comparing it to.

>It's more the people who swear by jjba but constantly trash talk other animes(often ones with more thoroughly thought out plots tbh) and act like it's the only good anime

Shows with silly humor tends to attract silly people. Nothing new here

| hui

| аниме

| >>363341 you do know that every fan of any anime will swear by their favourite and also trash talk others right?

| >>364106 ah so who cares when jojo fans do it
but when someone does it about jojo? the devil

| >>364121 have you ever heard of the naruto fanbase

| ^^^^^

Total number of posts: 33, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1531823466

This thread is permanently archived