danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
How many episodes of an anime series do you watch before deciding it's crap?

| (Or not worth your time?)

| Usually I decide that afterwards, too many times I misjudged an anime, an example is "Flip Flappers" which turns out pretty good towards the end, but the beginning sparks no interest at all.
But I don't believe in filler episodes, so that's also influential in my thought process.

| It depends, sometimes an episode/half of an episode is enough because the premise is stupid/generic and animation is shit. Sometimes it took 4 or 5 episodes before I see the story is going nowhere. In hindsight, looking at stuff that I finished, I think 2 episodes are enough to judge most shows.

| I used to have the "2 episodes or drop" system, but Steins;Gate proved to me that sometimes I need to take time before deciding an anime is bad.

| 1 if it is completly bad you will notice right away

| All of them

| Case by case, though usually it's somewhere in the 2-4 episodes range

| >>188302
Maybe, except that pilots (in general, not just in anime) usually suck. So you really have to watch more than just the first episode.

| tbh three episodes

| The whole series

| I watch between four minutes to an episode before dropping something. The three episode test is for masochists.

| Intro

| >>188990 same !

| Three because that's the like, best way I guess? You learn from cinematography class that the first three episodes are designed to give you the full out of what a show is trying to be. Episode one for exposition, two for like 'what we know and what were going to do or what's happening because of episode one' and the third one shows you an example of an episode working @ the information you got in ep1 & ep2. So that's what I try and do! Less its unbearable...

| Of so abandon ship & Die .

| Depends:
!If it's something that makes me immediately uncomfortable like Astarotte's Toy, 5 minutes tops.
-Something normal, 4 episodes
-Something I'm unsure about like Citrus, around 3 episodes then I mull it over for a day or two.

| ^I use 4 episodes instead of 3 because I've seen studios mess up pacing and have to stretch ep.3 set-up into ep.4

| one or two

| I usually will give a show 2-4 episodes to get me interested, but even then I usually try to finish shows I start. Rarely will I drop a show.

The only shows I've dropped so far were
- From The New World
It's intriguing but the pacing is a bit chaotic. I might give it another chance.

- .hack//sign
I could not enjoy this show at all. Stopped 8 eps in.

| Two or three... If it can't hold my interest for that long, it's no good.

There are some that I dropped on the first episode though. Like Psycho Pass? I'm no good with excssive gore or the glorification of it in that pilot episode

| I watch at least 5 episodes before I make a judgment, but sometimes it can be two or even one depending on what anime

| >>191552 I personally love PsychoPass but yea not for you if you don't like gore. It gets far more intense and disturbing.

| I usually watch 3 episodes until I judge the series.

| I go trough the whole shit and then I bleach out my eyes

| Either 4-5 episodes or something so shitty hits me I say fuck it.

| if it looks like it might be up my alley I go 3-5 episodes

| if I don't laugh, cry, or gasp in the first episode I usually drop it

| I’m tired of him! Who the hell does he think he is to insult me that way? I cannot believe it Jeff. I am the adult. How dare he? Where does he get the nerve to speak that way? I just don’t know what to say. I’m at a loss for words here. I cannot believe our daughter is dating an animal like that. What a piece of shit he is. God! You know, I told her to stay away from Germans. Did she listen? Of course not. She does what she wants to do anyway. What’s the point?

|

I never liked him from day one. Hey, I’m sorry, but it’s how my mother raised me. She told me,”Nella, you stay away from those German boys. They are controlling and jealous”. So, that’s exactly what I did, I opened the door got on rhe floor everybody walk the Dinosaur

| OP here. Based on all your replies, I've decided that the correct answer is 3-4 episodes. Thank you for your participation.

| I think if there are no climax after episode 3 the Anime not is too good

| 5 minutes. Get good and grab me pleb.

Total number of posts: 33, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1521662627

This thread is permanently archived