danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Why are anime writers and mangakas so fixated on high school?

| It's genuinely kinda creepy and lame how they oversexualize it so much

| I will fuck all of the fictionalized school girls! MUAHAHAHAHA!!!

| Because a large amount of anime consumers are younger people like teens. For the adult Japanese audience, high school was also one of their last happy moments before they were thrown into the meat grinder that is Japanese work culture.

| Society make people and japan make ped- I mean lolicon, right? my fellow gaijin trying justify liking middle schooler children

| >>1009831 I don't think anyone is trying to justify it, just trying to explain possible reasons why it's so common in that sort of media

| IIT: OP finds out most anime's target demographic is Japanese high schoolers.

| >>1009891
That's not true because the high school setting is overrepresenteated in seinen and josei mangas.

| >>1009778
>For the adult Japanese audience, high school was also one of their last happy moments before they were thrown into the meat grinder that is Japanese work culture.
This rings true but I don't get why we don't see more 18-20 year olds in manga like Tengoku Daimakyō or college mangas.

| Highschool is also the most convenient/easiest setting.

| >>1009920
dumb

| it's just banking on the coming of age genre imo
as >>1009778 said, high school is also usually considered as a varied and interesting period in one's life
>>1009909
there's a decent amount of manga about office workers and so on i'd say, and while i can't say with certainty that i've read a lot of college manga (golden time comes to mind) i wouldn't be surprised if there was an audience for that
ultimately i'd say that it's just some sort of escapism back into the "good times"

| >>1009909
Because college in Japan doesn't have all the fun parties that American universities got. It's just studying to death or graduation.

| >>1010211
So make manga about other stuff besides partying? Also wasnt there a popular college manga not too long ago that was basically about slacking off and drinking

| >>1009920 I've thought this too. Gives an easy reason for the characters to regularly interact.

| Genshiken was good

| >>1009764 based fictional g/u/rl

Total number of posts: 16, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1712201108

This thread is permanently archived