danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
there are bots posting sex and dating links on /a/

| Maybe we need captcha back
That's a little sad but maybe it's necessary, what you guys think?

| I think when should track down the spammer and kill him

| >>537766 yes, but force him to shut down the bots before killing him

##Janitor:Stormy##

| Thank you for reporting.

| Are they really that bothering you to the point where you want captchas back?
To me the tradeoff just isn't worth it at all.
The website feels alive again and seems I'm not the only one feeling it either

| I think that the bot spamming random soykaf in /a/ isn't the same person that spammed cp and reol on /burg/

| >>538668
perhaps he uses bots to find out what sites he can spam on.

add a one-letter captcha!

| One letter captcha sounds cools but it wouldn't work. All the bot would need to do is guess a single letter.

| Maybe we should make accounts. But not like normal accounts. You wouldnt show your username, you would just post anonymously. The only difference would be that once you sign in you don't have to do captcha. You would also have a limit on the posts that you can make over a period of time per account. You would need to do like 10 captchas to sign up, just to slow down the spammers.

| >>538914 no

| i have noticed that the bots all spam in /a/ because it's the default-selected board to create a new thread in. make a new blank default that tells you that you have to select a board to post to.
we then have to work on the code to make it harder for a bot to get something out of automated clicking and typing, so i'm thinking make it impossible to automatically access a threa, using specialized JS links that you can't TAB to or automate navigation to perhaps.

| imagine a simple "click the button" challenge where the button would appear on a random section of a space. a bot would have to click everywhere in order to hit the box if you do it correctly. and if that doesn't work, bring the captcha back.

| >>54fb62 why not?

| You're all overreacting. I saw one spam thread, one.
Odds are it wasn't even a bot that made it either.

| How about just a captcha when posting new threads to /a/ from /all/. Most bots just go to /all/ and auto post from the first option /a/ I assume, so in theory it should dramatically reduce spam with minimal user impact.

| >>539107
thanks it's what i furracking said

| >>539164
f burg c k i n g **

| >>539165
F \/ C K I N G

| >>539195
--???--

| F burg ing

| F ANGRYBURG ing

| F ANGERY BURG ING

| ANGERY BURG

| How about just 1 captcha when you first load the site? After that no more captcha prompts. I'm just throwing soykaf out here.

| Я не знаю как это делать и почему не знаю когда мне надо идти спать в этом доме и я как бы будто в школе

| MODS! they have started to post spam on /new/

| do the bots send nudes?

| >>d63779 i dont understand, sorry
And the /burg/app does not let me copy it over to google translate
english is not even my native language
Desculpa ai :3

| >>7e81af hell yea if they did

| >>37ace8 SEEMS PERFECT, N ALSO /U/APP

| Fucking

| I made a parody post of some bot spam and everything I ever posted or commented was removed :(

had to make this comment using a proxy

| >>fa1573 wow :(

| Noticed that a bunch of threads in my thread watcher was negative, guess something happened?

| >>541135
Me too :(
Mods unbanned me though, thanks Stormy.
Don't make parody spam threads, too risky lol

| I'm still banned :(
The interesting part is that I don't see the banned screen (I saw it while using a certain proxy) but simply what I post don't appear and what I posted in the past disappeared. Maybe I'm shadowbanned?

| >>541547
You could always ask one of the mods in Discord if you were accidentally banned. I've been accidentally banned twice actually

| >>541629 Thanks but I restarted my router and got a new ip, now I'm back!
Not that it makes any difference but I'm back anyway

| >>541723 sometimes when you restart your router your internet provider gives you a different public IP, that's why it worked but you may eventually get the banned IP again or maybe not if you're lucky

| Wait wait wait did we just witness two people admitting into making fake spam posts?
LOL

| >>dcf0c0 yea like wtf
i didn't even remember that i made this post

| theres more of them

| Anyway to report super low quality posts on wrong boards? Like this one: https://boards.dangeru.us/a/thread/543213

| Kind of miss it
But I don't think Bots can come here to send messages

##Janitor:Stormy##

| >>543228

Already deleted.

I check the boards constantly throughout the day, but if I miss one, feel free to post here and I'll find it eventually. Thanks for reporting!

| Yo I found another dating bot on /a/ : https://boards.dangeru.us/a/thread/543609
Why do they like /a/ so much? Is this Shinzo Abe's doing?

| i posted on one of these threads, just saying just in case i get banned by mistake :(

| >>543650 cause its the default post locationm

| ?

| >>544146 why not change it to /burg/ then?

| Now they're doing it in /burg/, cant link cuz im in mobile but just ctrl+f for seepage

| Aren't sex selling robots very cyberpunk though?

| >>544428 only if they can taser you

| Yes! Set the default board to /burg/. It defaults to posting angry burgs heheh

| >>9b1555 time to create a burg posting bot to keep things balanced

| >>544488 no, only villains do that

| >>544488
Is balance built on dishonesty and dirty tricks really the balance that danger/U/ deserves?

| >>544559 yes

| I always knew the burgs were cheats, but the balancers too? All is lost

| >>544592 except the angery burgs

Total number of posts: 60, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1553874462

This thread is permanently archived