danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Decent budget windows gaming laptops

| Help.

| >asks for difficult to find things
>does not supply any pertinent information (budget/target games/amount of dicks sucked this year)
>will complain when nobody replies
the /tech/ experience

| At least tell us what your budget is.

| elona 1080 ti

| I got a decent MSI gaming laptop last year for $1000. Can play AAA game from 3 years ago pretty well. I think that's the lowest you can go

| I would recommend a mac os gaming laptop, much better

| what's the base requirement?

| fuck i can barely read my ID goddamn.

| >>939276 it says C0KSLT

| You can get a Acer Nitro 5 for about $600-800 depending on your region. It sacrafices pretty much everything for specs, build quality and keyboard are shit. Lenovo Ideapad Gaming L340 is cheap and can be found on sale for under $500 but motherboard is shit, and single channel only, but keyboard is really good. Asus TUF are ok too. Battery life on all sub-$1000 gaming laptops sucks especially if they have high refresh rate monitors, Intel Irs is good at that price point if you care

| >>107e82
See how a pro does it gurls?

| gaming laptop is bad investment, just get a cheap used dell/hp office pc and put a gpu in it

| >>939392

| >>6ded2d
You are a mvp

| >>939392
the worst part is this will probably be adequate for like 90% of your steam library

| >>939632 depends, most used cpu and gpu on steam survey is still like i7 4770k, gtx 1060 or 1650, and nvidia cards need more cpu power than amd, which are the only acceptable price possibility right now.

Problems are most likely a 4-8 Go single ram strip instead of a nice dual slot

But yeah console game's unoptimized pc port needs a lot of cpu power these days... Idk how modern laptop cpu compares to desktop now, but few years ago it really was shitty

| >>939657 A modern midrange high performance cpu (11300h or 5600H) wipes the floor with a top end cpu from 4+ years ago, the only deciding factor is the heatsink in the laptop you buy, HP in particular have ok heatsinks but dogshit fan mapping which is hard to fuck with in their bios, Asus and MSi are good in this regard, but fuck MSi.

>>939392 Buying a 5+ year old desktop with dogshit proprietary board+psu limits your upgradability and usage, might aswell take the portability.

| >>939819 yeah but most people won't need something more powerfull than an rx6600 which has 130w tdp. And psu is not the most expensive part, laptop isn't upgradable at all

| >>939821 You can still upgrade RAM and Storage on laptops, a newer gpu has a higher chance of being cpu bound, overall its the same tbh, new laptop processors are still better though. Some proprietary PSU's have a limited number of connections as they're non modular - also some of the connections on the board are non standard, so you flat out cant install a new gpu or better cpu for the same socket due to the power requirements, for most people a laptop is more than enough.

Total number of posts: 19, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1675194391

This thread is permanently archived