danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Intel GPUs

| So are any g/u/rls planning to get the ARC cards? I think the A750 or whatever looks cool but probably waiting for a second gen before buying

| I want one just for the av1 encode hardware but I just bought a steam deck so my *unnecessary toys* fund is empty

| I have 2070S so it's makes me feel little cold, but somehow i don't believe that Intel would being easily able to compete with Nvidia and AMD in long term.. but if they would, it would being for sure nice, but them cpu division is now little weakening.. If i would buy gpu from Intel, probably after when would being here a lot reviews, and would being here confirmed positives to use them.. Also i wouldn't be surprised if Nvidia and AMD lowered prices if was Intel threat for them

| I'm planning to get one if price and perf are good. But I wouldn't buy one if I were using Windows thou, it only performs well on dx12 and vulkan

| The first gen might be a little rough, but I assume the firmware will be mostly fixed after a year or two

| >>900162 I think I might buy then

| yeah the overall performance will only improves, that's a factor to be considered

| i'm still gonna wait a couple months after they release them but i wanna get rid of my nvidia card since it has shit drivers that don't work on wayland and i expect this to be a pretty nice upgrade

| I have RX 560 and I doubt I'll change it unless it breaks

| >>900403
yeah intel gpu on linux, is potentially the better of both world, amd and nvidia, on Linux.

Some benchmarks are now out for Linux :
https://www.phoronix.com/review/intel-a750-a770-arc-linux
But mesa 22.3 is still in dev, and the bench is on Linux 6.0, 6.1 will brings lots of optimisation for arc.

Idk how much time I will wait hmm...

| >>900440
also, if you play <dx12 games on linux you get the benefit of it using vulkan through dxvk. and seeing how the 'legacy' apis (like directx that's not 12) don't work that great on the arc series makes these good cards for linux since you won't use those anyway.

| >>900440
also, if you play <dx12 games on linux you get the benefit of it using vulkan through dxvk. and seeing how the 'legacy' apis (like directx that's not 12) don't work that great on the arc series makes these good cards for linux since you won't use those anyway.

| >>900440

| now how tf did that happen?

| Someone made either the server or your computer unhappy, perform a sacrifice to appease them

| pray to the machine spirits

| >>901204
>>901209
0x29a 0x29a 0x29a

| The Intel GPUs seem really interesting; and competition is good. I'm not sure if I'll pick one up but I'm betting that with driver updates, the price to performance proposition would be really nice.

| >>901642
Yeah I think a770 was meant to compete with the RTX 3070 but in the end it has perf between 3060 and 3060 TI

| >>901209 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHk42kDwesM

Total number of posts: 20, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1665631816

This thread is permanently archived