danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Would you sacrifice a limb for a metal one?

| Say you have the ability and money is not a problem. Would you get rid of some part of your body to “improve it” with a metal prosthetic one. It’s a fully functional extension like in sci-fi movies.
Would you do it and why

| I would replace my arm, yes. I can't think of any reason not to other than it being fake and not liking that for some reason. I think I would prefer nano machines like in Deus Ex though so I can have the best of both worlds.

| Probably my eyes, so I can get rid of astigmatism and my ears, if that would rid me of tinnitus.

Basically anything that gets broken down with age. I wouldn't swap limbs just for the strength bonus.

| My right leg because of a broken kneecap. It won't recover ever and I'm bound to trip over on every corner.

| Nah. I'd replace failing parts like a broken kneecap or a weak heart but I probably wouldn't go trough the procedure just to enhance something. Vibrating fingertips sounds fun though!

| I would but only when i lose something. Like cut off legs or maybe a arm but something like testicales or eyes is too far in my opinion.

| I'd go alma and lose below the wrists because carpal tunnel, and ears for mild tinitus

| >>887925 plus maybe they could make me a cute elf girl

| I'd replace my spine with one that doesn't hurt, and my ears to get rid of my tinnitus.

| if it's solely an improvement, I'd do a metal arm for my off hand. but I. use computers for all my hobbies and most of my work so it might be a hindrance if there's input lag or lower precision. although maybe you can just plug the interface directly into your computer?

| >>887315 i would probably keep my biological body for a year or maybe 2 probably.. but if i was going to upgrade my body, i would do it fully.. I would just live life of Motoko "^^

| better question is, would you modify your brain?

| >>888421 I would genuinely consider neural chips if it allows me a thought-based interface with my devices. I wouldn't do anything to enhance my capacities unless for medical reasons.

Total number of posts: 13, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1660443878

This thread is permanently archived