danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Connecting and powering on a 3.5" HDD from USB ports?

| Are there any adapters out there that don't require wall outlet to power this shit on? 3.5" HDD's are so cheap compared to 2.5" and they'd be awesome for my mobile storage, but I don't know of any adapter that doesn't require power from the wall plug which honestly is a bummer to me.

| It's gonna be a hard dig, friend. 3.5" HDDs need more power than the USBs can provide compared to the 2.5s unless something's changed and I don't know about it. You might be shit out of luck.

| >>880834 figures... well i'll just start hoarding 500GB and 1TB HDDs, 2.5" ones. Can anyone here vouch for 2TB laptop hard drives? I've heard that they are more easier to damage.

| >>880866 If you want the on paper explanation, anything above 2TB is generally less reliable than anything 2 and under because extra moving parts and all that shit. Reality is a little more kind to most people who go higher, but nobody is gonna fault you for not wanting to test your luck.

Knocking on wood here, but my 2tb External has been running strong for roughly 7 years now. So you shouldn't have any issues, but operate as if you might.

| So, usb standard is like 5v 0.5A generally, you can probably get a y cable if you have one that can run on one amp, or find a USBc one maybe since PD offers more power options

| USB is second stage of USA

| >>881373 when usa becomes second largest super power

| USZ
LOL

| >>881408 I'll send the 3000 blue f35s of Biden to your house for that

Total number of posts: 9, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1658086517

This thread is permanently archived