danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Alternate Discord client for android

| The current one is unacceptable. It drains battery in like 4 hours. Telegram can stay up for 12 hours.

| >>793360 Discord's TOS unfortunately does not allow clients that aren't made by them so no one really bothers making one as you'd just get banned

| >>793363
Yup, and it's actually something they enforce. They make their living off of selling your data after all - can't do that with third party clients that don't report home.
Though alternate clients do exist, I know a friend of mine uses one. I'll ask them once they're awake.

| >>793364 thanks!

>>793363 I don't care much because I'm on just one server.

| What about a "client" that basically utilizes webview or something and makes Discord think you're just logging into a mobile browser?

| >>793369
Friend says Ripcord is nice, but they really clamped down on third party clients in an obnoxious way so be careful out there g/u/rl!

| >>793445 can they link it? I can't seem to find it, as Ripcord is pretty much a desktop client.

| I just use a web browser and close the tab when I'm done. Not sure if there are features missing that way, but if so they're not ones I want anyway

| >>793605 uhhh push to talk setting volume above 100 for specific people probably some other things that are qol

| >>793463 bump

| >>793605 the web browser on mobile isnt fun to use

| https://github.com/fosscord

| >>793769
I doubt this will ever get successful enough, but it's still fascinating. Thanks for the link.

Total number of posts: 13, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1634121131

This thread is permanently archived