danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Ubuntu Touch dangeru.us

| I can't believe a version of this app was on the Ubuntu open store, but I guess it's broken (and probably has been for a few years). It's a horrible tragedy as this would be a great app for those of us trying to live outside of Google's grasp.

| Ubuntu Touch the inside of my ass

| Honestly the app is little more than a main menu and a Web view, it could be easily done for linux phones

| >>784911 grapheneOS

| Linux users be like:
ENGAGING MAIN THRUSTERS

| >>784994 I'll thrust into you uwu
as soon as I figure out why I'm getting kernel panics again ene

| Ooh, you touch my ubuntu

| Iirc lain had a version for testing that was just hosted on their site idk if it was missing things but I think most of it is just web tech to begin with

| Yeah its not that I love Linux or anything, I just really hate the current IOS/Android(google) meta and am willing to humor linux to escape it.

| use webber, not the dumb wrappers on the open store

| >>785158 but android is linux

| >>785204 Android uses the Linux kernel but it's very much a Google ecosystem
They're referring to preferring how the Linux ecosystems work over that

| >>785265 but Linux is not an ecosystem, it's a kernel

| >>4df136 Ubuntu Touch is the so called Linux mobile ecosystem

| >>785356 that doesn't work I said "how the Linux ecosystems" not that Linux was itself an ecosystem
plz reading comprehension

| I just don't understand why computers are so evil these days. Apple is literally the antichrist, Google is a close second, Microsoft now pre-installs the most intrusive computer virus known to man (one drive. seriously getting rid of it completely requires manually re-working your registry). I just want a phone that doesn't spoon feed me custom adds based on my every move or sell my data on black market ebay. Is that too much to ask?

| >>785398 there is no such thing as Linux ecosystem because you fuckers can't comprehend simple nomenclature. Call it properly or not at all. There is GNU and there is Android. There are no Linux phones or Linux ecosystems. I swear, you are the same kind of dense idiots like ign pretending steam deck is not a pc

| I don't care what it is as long as it runs supertuxkart

| >>785470
Linux is a family of open-source Unix-like operating systems based on the Linux kernel, an operating system kernel first released on September 17, 1991, by Linus Torvalds. Linux is typically packaged in a Linux distribution.

| >>785537 Linux is just a kernel. Nothing more, nothing less

| >>785615
Linux is a family of open-source Unix-like operating systems based on the Linux kernel, an operating system kernel first released on September 17, 1991, by Linus Torvalds. Linux is typically packaged in a Linux distribution.

| yes, but colloquially the so called Linux ecosystem, ie the user experience of linux as a GUI is attained through Ubuntu, so technically Ubuntu is the ecosystem (don't quote me on that) and ubuntu touch is the phablet variant. so yes technically calling linux an ecosystem isn't accurate as it's like calling DOS an ecosystem, but people say Linux or wondows, not Linux or DOS so it gets known that way.that's not the point of the post tho so let's not split hairs. make fucc not war.

| I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it.

| Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run.

| The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

| >>785744 I was waiting for this.

| /tech/ never fails.

| Never change, /tech/.

| >>785453 money

| >>785746 you can literally say the same about the user

| >>785744
I am disappointed that I had to scroll to see this

Total number of posts: 31, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1630666948

This thread is permanently archived