danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
What kind of browser are you using?

| I'm debating with my gf, she is using opera and i'm using brave. But i'm also wondering what you're using right now.

| Microsoft Edge

| Firefox/Falkon/Chromium.
I'm currently planning on switching firefox by icecat

| Firefox. Nothing else is needed.

| I've been using the browser i got from a virus this one time, it's actually kinda neat, I don't have any motivation to delete it since it's on a old crusty laptop.

| Firefox/Iceweasel

>>758389
Both of those browsers makes some pretty weird requests and Brave highjacks your links.

| Firefox.

| suckless surf

| Firefox

| Chrome

| >>758432 eh? What's it called?

| libre wolf

| >>758441 what do you mean by " it highjacked your link " ? Sorry, noob here

| >>758544
https://davidgerard.co.uk/blockchain/2020/06/06/the-brave-web-browser-is-hijacking-links-and-inserting-affiliate-codes/

| OperaGX

| Firefox.

FYI Opera users, current Opera =/= Old Opera, nowadays it's a chrome reskin owned by a Chinese conglomerate.

And any other big browser in existence nowadays which isn't Firefox is a chrome reskin...so let's all think what could happen if firefox stopped existing.

| I found qutebrowser to be quite neat. Especially with the amount of modification and automation you can do with config.py and userscripts

| >>758645 no one would notice.

| >>758432 lol, im guessing your talking about chromium?

| Vivaldi

| Firefox. Everything else is dysfunctional spyware crap.

| On PC I use Hardened Firefox and on Android I use SmartCookieWeb Preview which is built off of geckoview or whatever it is that Firefox was build off of.

| Firefox

| >>759424on phone too

| Chromium for the past several years and counting. A mixture of IE10 and some Firefox derivatives before that.

| Use Firefox. It has all the features, even if some of them are off by default. Install the uBlock Origin extension from their GitHub. Read the readme!

| >install firefox
>disable cache
>10 tabs
>600MB RAM used
Problem?

| >>759658
This is due to problematic developments of (web-)technology, which is neither mozillas fault nor can it be solved by them. "Software as a Service" is increasing which gives software more infrastructural characteristics. It leads to centralization of computing power for the sake of efficiency and goes hand in hand with monopolization. Big tech (and autocratic estates) don't just grab the resulting profit, they also use it as opportunity to increase their power over people.

| Netscape Navigator

| >>759658
Caching doesn't imply a de- or increase of privacy. It depends on what is cached, how it is cached and for what purpose. There is even a FF addon that caches JS code in order to increase privacy. (decentral-eyes). Open standards and federative services are the magic words here. Enforcing it by law could be a proper solution. The goal should be a strict separation of hardware, software and services that are interchangeable through commonly and open standardized interfaces.

| Vivaldi on pc, Via on my Android phone cause both devices are kinda crap and I need something *quick*

| >>759697 I am not speaking about privacy. It doesn't loom like a lot of people really put their mind into it. I am just sharing my experience with how you can seriously decrease memory usage.

| >>759658
Using Firefox and about 3k open tabs, I've seen something over 20GB RAM used once.
No problem

| >>758389 >>758389 >>758389
>No TOR browser
This site is just full of cuckchannitors.

| Normalfaggot webiste
Transvestites users

| Yes

| >>760448 >>760449 go back to /g/ schizo. This is cyberpunk

| Lol I see someone mentioned Edge, but even that is a chrome reskin now lol

| qutebrowser

| Just Firefox.

| >>759695 I know this is a meme but Firefox is actually the descendent of Netscape navigator

| I personally use firefox due to features like the config file, but I would arguably say that edgium is better which I like to keep as a second browser.

|

nh

Total number of posts: 43, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1621594048

This thread is permanently archived