danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Cool things you are looking forward to in the /tech/ world

| Title says it all.

| I WANT MULTIDIMENSIONAL THREADMILL VR REEEE

| A robro tomboy gf who wants to hold hands with me.

| Mixing reality glasses on mainstream bases
BCI, like neuralink

| Covid social distancing sexual intercourse technologies.

| >>757410
I want to make love to you through a robot

| >>757390 i also want that

| Genetically engineered catgirls

| brain computer interfacing

| >>757390 need

| Vinyl HD

| RISC-V becoming more accessible

| >>757735
You mean accessible to work with or accessible to purchase or?

| >>99b51c
I mostly mean affordable RISC-V hardware becoming more available, with better support for different operating systems and software. The idea of using completely open computers tickles my fancy.

| >>757741
Yeah, I've been oogling the BeagleV lately since it doesn't seem to be too pricey.

| Truenas storage RISC V server when

| 32-Core RISC-V thinkpad with multi gig ethernet and oodles of ram&SSD. Maybe I'll try kicad'ing my own replacement mobo for my X250 someday just so I can have what lenovo won't deliver.

| Smack and Toss the Hack and Toss

| Cheap EMP Weapons.

| Anything to replace discord as the high-bandwidth communications that are killing imageboards.

That's an idea: imageboards where every thread has a WebRTC channel you can chat in.

| >>758079
>complains about something killing imageboards
>presents an idea that literally kills imageboards
._.

|

| I'm looking forward to the fusion reactor ITER getting completed, and to see whether it's gonna be a huge meh or revolutionize power generation and solve all our climate problems

| Vive for price of Oculus 2

| >>758983
it's ok as long as you are sure you will never need to call HTC support as their utter useless shits (i have a vive and a fucking 5cent button broke for which they wanted to charge me tre price of a new controller)
If VR ever gets tht universally cheap though i'd like to give Index a go

| Jpeg xl and av1 are things I'm watching right now
Jpeg xl can lossless encode a jpg and reduce the file size, plus it's reversible

Av1 is a pretty efficient video codec that Netflix and Google seem to be interested in

| SAO level NERV Gear. Never use VR before but honestly doesn't look that fun. Once it is at SAO levels I will so get one.

| >>759421
Is av1 better than HEVC x265 and x266 ? It's more streaming oriented I suppose.

| >>758648 Probably neither.

| Av1 is meant to compete with x265, I believe it has/can have better compression but I believe encode times are longer than x265

I'm not familiar with it's comparison to x266 but it's important to note av1 is actually already in use by Netflix and others and already supported for decode in chrome and Firefox

Main thing is it's designed to be royalty free and open source as opposed to x265

| >>760236 that's all of the top of my head though do your own research

Total number of posts: 31, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1621294790

This thread is permanently archived