danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Honey

| You all know about it.
You install it on your browser, and then it magically gives you coupons and discounts from all over the internet at the high price of "Free."

... But what's in for them?
Where is the catch?

I feel like there has to be something hidden here because it just looks so... vague and helpful but we don't live on that kind of world. What's in for them!?

| Probably tracks what you buy

| Probably sells your information to marketing companies.

| Data, baby~ the currency of a global, digital world.

| At first I thought this was going to be about flash alternative, where we store small pockets of air in honey, as a form of digital storage medium

| might of been just a addon that esentially brute forces cupons against a list of known ones.
Not everything that's free ends up being "free"
but considering all the sponserships and paypal acquisition ima have to go w/tech on this one:
>Big Data

| So two things most likely, data is an obvious one read their policy and you can confirm or deny for yourself

Other is often sites have affiliate programs that offer a small discount and a cut to the affiliate

So just get as many of those codes in the list to check for as many sites as your can to make good money without much overhead

Not sure how large they are but I can't imagine they hire *that* many people and use most of it on advertising

| Coupons make people fast buy shit they usually wouldn't. Platforms that offer coupons collect your data and sell them to third parties. They probably also get provision from companies that offer the coupons.
If you want to save money you shouldn't rely on coupons. Just don't buy unnecessary low-quality bullshit.
Also have a closer look on no-name products. They're usually cheaper than their branded versions (even with coupons) while sometimes even coming from the same factories.

| >>346e85 impulse buying is an exploitable market,almost by design.

Total number of posts: 9, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1610550275

This thread is permanently archived