danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Freemails?

| Why we don't have other (global) freemail services than G-Mail, Outlook or Yahoo? If LINE, Discord, FB or other social media had e-mail part of them network it could works really well i think..

| Wat?
There are tons of free email services, dude.

| Wanting more cancerous companies to make shitty services is a concept.

| If the product is free you are the product

| >>698580
no

| >Wanting more cancerous companies to make shitty services is a concept.
A clusterconcept.

>If the product is free you are the product
No, if the product is free, you can't use it without it's permission. Maybe you mean gratis. But a gratis product not necessarily sells you.

| you ever heard of ProtonMail?

| >>698488
Why do you think a service should be free?
And what do you mean by "global" in the context of email? Isn't it already a cross compatible and provider independent internet (=globally available) service?

| It's always the same: People are used to pay for unfree (as in freedom) software, but they are not willed to pay for free (as in freedom) or, even worse, unfree services. The opposite should be the case: Software should be free and services around it should be liable to pay for the expenses.

| Mail.com is alright, best feature is they have a bunch of domains like @coolsite.net which sounds very professional

| or even better, ever heard of cock.li?

| No but I now need a @cock.li domain

but I bet all the really good names are already taken

| >bet all the really good names are already taken
Each nonshort name I wanted was available. And they have many domains.

| >>698611 Gratis is Free in Spanish you fucking idiot

| >>700141
Is this a Spanish text board? No? Then the english definition applies. Idiot.

| >>700155

gratis adverb or adjective

Definition of gratis

: without charge or recompense : free the food was supplied gratis

So you're earlier comment is
> No, if the product is free, you can't use it without it's permission. Maybe you mean free. But a free product not necessarily sells you.

| Oh link here, https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gratis

| >>700357
I suggest you curb your autism and read up on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gratis_versus_libre

| libre is "free as in freedom" while gratis is "free as in free beer"

| >>700361 you said English definition not free software community definition

| >>700619
And you disagree with OP just for the sake of disagreement. "Free" is an ambiguous adjective, and you know it. It breaks one of the few threads we get here. Stop trolling. Go to bed, it's past curfew.

| >>700744 Op was saying what if other huge web services like line, Facebook, or discord had email may I remind you, then we got>>698611 being intentionally obtuse when literally everyone knows what "if it's free you're the product" means

Thread ignored it until >>700141 queue rest of trash fire, thread was going to die anyway not a lot to say about a mail services, and you replying to a bit of ribbing instead of switching topics is actually part of the problem

| Here's the last comment feel free to continue the conversation

| >bet all the really good names are already taken
Each nonshort name I wanted was available. And they have many domains.

| Let's be real though, the only reason we're all posting in this thread is because we itch to talk about anything tech-related but /tech/ is dead.

| >>0eab4f
Sir, you are by far the biggest shitposter in this thread. What's even the point of doing commentary and accusing people of continuing the convo when you're the one snowballing it anyway?

If you know your stuff then the first post wasn't even obtuse in the first place.

I want to talk about the difference between gratis and libre. It's much more interesting than freemails and wannabe grammar nazism.

| >>700835 okay then start your own thread, rather rude to hijack someone else's and again you're dragging the thread off track

| >>700773 tech is always dead but also never dead

| >>0eab4f

| I was mean Freemail as synonym for webmail, i did forget for short that exists also protonmail (my mistake)
I just mean if is possible future there.. or some new standart.. G-Mail, Outlook and Yahoo are here for decades, i feel surprised that here isn't concurrency, if was e-mail part of social network (all in one) it could probably be little game changer how does email services looks like.. I don't judge if is right or wrong, whatever FB Mail sounds little scary

| Well social media and email service on same platform was kinda done by Google with google+ but no one used it

I don't think personally there's much of a draw there, email and whatever the rest of that platform offers is usually somewhat separate

Total number of posts: 30, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1601376232

This thread is permanently archived