danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
How 2 FDroid benevolent lords

| I have a super simple dumb app I want up there, and I've gotten no word back asking for a little help making sure it meets their standards for inclusion. No luck asking on their forums or IRC and I have nothing better to do with my life than ask a bunch of people who don't have anything to do with the project at all.

| Test reply

| >>64618 it worked!

| What app is it?

| >>64957 https://github.com/nfd9001/Libgen-Scan

| Instead of waiting for their reply, why not hit them up directly in their repo?

https://gitlab.com/fdroid/fdroiddata/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

| I think they have a wiki that says it all tho? Their standard is pretty much you must be full open source and only use open source components

| First of all: its not about open source or not. Its about free software and non-free.
And second: apps at f-droid may have or use a limited amount of unfree components/services. You can even install a playstore wrapper. I think the most important thing is a proper decleration of unfree components, so that the user has a real chance to decide, compared to other package-man... ehm i mean 'app stores'.

| >>65939
I use only FLOSS libraries in this thing, I just don't know they'll accept the (also FLOSS) blobs it uses without adaptation.

| >>66134
Now im confused. What do you exactly mean by 'without adaptaton'?

| >>66554 I thought they didn't accept blobs from arbitrary sources and preferred to work stuff into their own buildchain. Perhaps I'm super wrong, I'm not very experienced with this

| >>66666 (nice post number!)
Nah, I don't think they have that policy set. As far as I know, as long as it is workable and buildable, you should be a-okay.

| >>66666
Nice get m8.

| >>66666
nice digits

##Admin:prefetcher##

| >>66666 this is some serious GET

| >>66666
Quints are a damn rare thing on this site. Cherish those.

| >>66895 >>66706 >>66872 >>67052 oh damn I didn't even notice I got that, fuck

Total number of posts: 17, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1513374030

This thread is permanently archived