danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Window Managers

| What WM are you using? Prefer tiling or floating? I use i3 myself, but thinking of switching to some other tiling wm, maybe xmonad

| Was using i3 and awesome until my Arch installation got nuked to death by a broken plymouth update (can't be sure it it was mesa or plymouth that broke it).

As for now, I'm currently in Sawfish, but I often use Openbox as well.

And as for the second question, I prefer stacking (floating), but that's only because I'm using a 10-ish inch laptop.

| xmonad is nice but hard to configure and you need to learn Haskell to do so, I currently use awesome, another tiling manager which is similar but easier to work with

| >>64400
I think the learning curve of xmonad is what makes it funnily interesting in my opinion.

But then again, I have complained about GNUStep and people say that it's "absolutely fine and doable!"

| I like to use trinity or openbox.

| give way-cooler a try

| JWM, IceWM or OpenBox.

| >>64499
Do people still use JWM unironically? I can't see it being a thing with tilings and LXDE rising up nowadays.

| I open windows in the morning

| >>64583
Check your privilege. I don't have a window, just because you have one, doesn't mean you need to open it every morning to show us, the no-window-poor-people that you're dominant.

| I usually use a stupidly vanilla xmonad; I don't like status bars or window decorations or X applications that much. Running dwm on my uni's machines because I'm way too lazy to upload builds for anything more complicated than exactly one binary.

| Almost default openbox with tint2 bar. It just works, it's comfortable, and configuration is easy.

| Awesome is the best WM

| I use awesome on my laptop and KDE on my desktop. Tiling window managers are great when you don't want to use the mouse at all (like on laptops), but on a desktop I prefer the full experience.

| Kwin, cause its KDE and KDE is the best, cause its QT and not GTK and cause its C++ and not some other stuff which is determined to be technically inefficient by design. Thats why.
If there would be no KDE I would work on Terminal only with bulbul, which could also count as a windowmanager.

| Correction: 'Bulbul' should have been 'byobu'

| >>64406
>>64400
I bit the bullet a while

| and installed xmonad a while ago. Worth it

Total number of posts: 18, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1513254992

This thread is permanently archived