danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Why did you start coding?

|

| What about you OP?

| I've got coding class in my college , coding μcontroller in c, i liked it and then i now i'm learning c++ for personal project

| To write a hack for osu

| I want to create vidya.

| to program computers ?
i guess

| I played Neopets waaay back in the days. Each pet have their own page that can be customized with HTML/CSS. I just wanted to make cool websites like the cool players do

| I wanted to play modded MC with ppl and all the methods of distributing/updating a pack ware utter shait

| I always wanted to learn how software worked, and being able to script repetitive actions is a good skill to have

| I don't lol
I've tried and failed miserably
I'm better at making coffee

| >>634882
Make some for us !
How much is it ?

| >>634890

| >>634890
For you it's free <3

| I started coding due to my career. Since I'm a cybernetic engineer I need programming. At the moment these are the programming languages that I'm able to use:
-C/C++
-Matlab (not a real pl, but...)
-LabVIEW
-Ladder
-G CODE

| >>634890 if you're good at making tea, I'll take one with all my heart and soul <3

| >>635087
*happy hugging sounds*

| I wanna make video games

| Out of curiosity. I started with C++ when I was 14, and got stuck at arrays since shit got really complicated with pointers, memory, and stuff.

Now I can code some simple python scripts but still can't call myself a programmer. Shame on me.

| >>635282 if you want you could say you're a scripter, sounds cool and it's accurate

| >>635283
Exactly. You can still do cool stuff with a cool accurate name.

| >>635283 lol.

| >>634755 >>635241
Basically this. Started with C++, then Python, then eventually GDScript. And then I just kinda started enjoying the process. And then I realized I could make money if I went for web shit with PHP. And now here I am.

| >>634755 >>635241
Basically this. Started with C++, then Python, then eventually GDScript. And then I just kinda started enjoying the process. And then I realized I could make money if I went for web shit with PHP. And now here I am.

| >>634897
⁄(⁄ ⁄•⁄ω⁄•⁄ ⁄)⁄

| I think you start learning when you >need it or when you're just plain curious. I was curious, so I learnt, but only later I practiced.

I started C because I needed to program microcontrollers (also used arm asm for some dumb reason i don't wanna remember).
"Web" description languages are a great way to develop interface fast.
Python can be used in some config/build scripts. Very useful. Currently using to build custom Linux distos for small devices.

| I started in VBA because I knew my job could done a lot faster if I automated some stuff in Excel.

Total number of posts: 26, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1584477002

This thread is permanently archived