danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Okay, but what the fuck is happening with mobile phones?

| Why the hell do most of the new phones have screen diagonal of 6" and up? Have the manufacturers forgotten that these are supposed to be MOBILE devices?

Alright, maybe I'm in the wrong here, I dunno. I'm just butthurt because I have rather short fingers and chubby hands and even my old 5" phone sometimes feels a bit too big for me.

| Phone manufacturers are slowly making sure that midget genes are unfavorable.
God bless them.

| I've got tiny stubby fingers and I've gotten a 5.7 inch LG V20. It's not that difficult to use, but I had to find a keyboard that stayed only on one side of the screen. It also has a software feature that makes the display smaller by about 25% (drawing black bars around it), which seems silly.

| >>631899
What midget genes? I'm 5'11" and I still find the size of the modern phones ridiculous.

| >>631906
I thought about getting Redmi 8 (I've only had good experiences with Xiaomi, and g/u/rl, those prices...) until I learned that it has a 6.22" display, fuck that. Maybe I'll go for Google Pixel 3a. It's considerably more expensive, but at least it's 5.6" and still has all the features I need. Although 5.6 is still a bit too much, but it's quite literally the smallest available option for my demands.

| its mainly cuz its cheep to upgrade screen size then resulution

| >>631918 the weak shall fear the long.

You are weak.

| We've become the irken all hail the almighty tallest

>>631940

| Just use both hands to hold the damn thing and stop buying those bulky stupid cases. Can't people just hold and grip things now a days? Set the thing down when you're done.

| I've dropped my phone down two flights if stairs and it's fine as long as it's not concrete it'll be alright

| >>632060 using both hands is kinda dumb though it's a phone not a tablet if I can't use it with one hand it's too big... And I have big hands

| Pixel XL is useable with one hand though not the most comfortable to hit keys like q one handed but it's doable and not the worst experience and it's 5.5"

| The same reason why manufacturer build big and heavy laptops. If you think that those laptops are too big and heavy, you are probably outside of the target market.

Applying the same logic, if you think the newer phones are too big and bulky, you are not the one they are trying to sell those phones to.

Some people just refuse to own a PC to play games or watch movies. That is why new phones are designed to cater to them, filling up the roles as a console, TV, camera, and phones.

| Buy Samsung Galaxy A6

| >>515222 +

| >>632131
Looks good, but it's not in stock anymore where I'm from. And it's still 5.6", I might as well wait for Pixel 3a to get here.

>>632127
My issue is not being outside of the target market, my issue is that there basically is no market for small(-ish) but decently powerful phones anymore. Which is rather disappointing.

| >>632131
Looks good, but it's not in stock anymore where I'm from. And it's still 5.6", I might as well wait for Pixel 3a to get here.

>>632127
My issue is not being outside of the target market, my issue is that there basically is no market for small(-ish) but decently powerful phones anymore. Which is rather disappointing.

| >>632177 accursed one!

The double post had thought to be cleansed and yet you still stand!

You most be destroyed!

| >>632185
Yeah, in the browser it's acting really weird with the whole userscript thing for some reason.

| Also, why the fuck medium Budget phones with 2gb of ram are still being made?
Looking at you Samsung

| >>632325 because it's cheaper to not update designs much, adding ram might change the chip layout on the board since it's soldered on not like pc dimms

Better solution might be a new board that could work with high or mid tier components and just use the cut down stuff as needed but that's work

| >>632325
How much even is 2gb of ram in terms of phones? Should I go for more if I want mainly to play some games and browse web while listening to music, or is it alright in the sub-$300 segment?

| >>632384 a pixel 3a has 4gb for $399 new so maybe that'll give you some idea of mid tier phones

| >>632416
Yeah, fair enough. It's more like around $500 where I'm from though, so 2gb for, say, $250 would sound about right? I mean, the math checks out.

| I'm not sure if I have to specify that I was being mostly facetious, or if it's apparent enough, so just in case I will.

| After watching Robotics;Notes I would love to have a 8 inch Phone (or bigger if it has 2:1 display ratio). Too bad all really big phones doesn't have top specs

| >>632548
But why? Wouldn't it be borderline impossible to use it with one hand? How are you going to fit that monstrosity into a pocket?
Also, wouldn't it be classified as a tablet at that point?

| Imagine put it in your butt pocket

| >>632693
Imagine having to take your "phone" out of the pocket every time you need to sit down.

| >>632787 remember the ass shaped Iphones? Now that was some fantastic encouragement for retardeds to stop using the fucking back pockets

| >>632574 yeah, it would be almost impossible to use it with one hand and fit it into your pocket. In Robotics;Notes these kind of devices pretty much are replacement for phones, tablets and pc's, and every person have a special bag for carrying it. Since everyone has a tablet, there is a huge variety of bags, and your tablet bag became a new way to express yourself. Some people use funnypacks, some - hard cases, some - pouch-like bags, some - holster-like tigh bag

| >>632938
God, no offense but that sounds dumb as shit.

| Still using an iphose se.
The best thing ever made for one-handed use.
The current marker is ridiculous.

Total number of posts: 33, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1583606764

This thread is permanently archived