danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Favorite distro

| That's it. What are your favorite distros? What are the specs of your machine?
I'll start :)
I love ubuntu MATE 18.04
I use a hp laptop, 15.6 shitty display, i3-6006u, 8gb ddr4 ram, 120 gb adata su650 ssd

| Op here. I use this laptop in my house as my main machine, but can't use it outside because the keyboard is broken D:
So, when i need to take a laptop to my university, i use my good old netbook with an atom n450 processor, 2gb 667 mhz ddr2 ram, 160 gb sata ii hdd, 1024x600 mate display, ubuntu MATE 18.04 32 bits

| Maybe debian ? idk

| I like Arch. Managing everything with the package manager feels cleaner and fixes all the things I don't like about Windows (mostly with regards to updating things)

| Deffinatly Arch, It's got no bloat & a great package manager. The AUR and the quickly updated packages are just a nice bonus.

| Windows 10

| >>626491
what do you like about it?

| Idk I kind of hop a lot, currently running manjaro it works tm.

I dream of a day where we all run GNU Hurd and use Guix SD

| >>626492 it is convenient for everyday use. I don't worry about Nvidia drivers, or about the lack of software. It just works. Arch is good and all, but I have more important things in my life now than fixing bugs.

Also, games.

| >>626499
I'm still not sure if being unable to play ubisoft games is a good or bad thing, granted it can get annoying at times.
The software problem goes both ways it's sad whn i recommend software to someone only to find out they cant run it.
besides tht the only problem I've encountered thats at least semi related is Nvidia n their hardcoded resolution limits pisses me off when you buy a 1k GPU and it cant run at the same resolution as a 100 GPU from the competition

| Devuan MATE XFCE LXQT or LXDE

| Non ironically win 10 and dos

| screenfetch -n
Kernel: x86_64 Linux 5.3.0-28-lowlatency
Uptime: too long ;-)
Packages: 5083
Shell: zsh 5.4.2
Resolution: 1680x1050
DE: KDE 5.67.0 / Plasma 5.18.0
WM: KWin
WM Theme: Breeze Dark
GTK Theme: QtCurve [GTK2], Material-Black-Lime [GTK3]
Icon Theme: Breeze Chameleon Dark
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 B50 @ 4x 2.7GHz [40.0°C]
GPU: AMD RV610 (DRM 2.50.0 / 5.3.0-28-lowlatency, LLVM 9.0.1)
RAM: 5218MiB / 7961MiB

| Distro 69

| >>626748 haha nice

| Debian jessie on thinkpad x200s; win10 on thonkpad x250.

| Arch, for those who have to prove the world they can do manjaro on their own

| Arch, for those who have to prove the world they can do manjaro on their own

| >>626882
... are u on somesorta drug/s?

| Gentoo!!! (^o^)丿

| bunsenlabs

| Windows 7.
Manjaro XCFE with a Windows 98 skin.

Microsoft might be assholes these recent years (98SE, XP, 7 were great) but they make the best designs.

| I had Arch but recently I also installed Artix as my main OS and removed my Arch completely. I also have Calculate but I rarely use it. As you can see, I am moving away from the systemd. Is there any project that will replace systemd components? A few of programs I use have systemd as dependency and Artix don't provide it causing these programs to have 'systemd related' errors.

| If I didnt like gaming Ubuntu would be the only OS I would use. Alas my steam librarh keeps me tied to Win 10

| >>627168 unless you play mp with anticheat, chances are proton can run it fine on your ubuntu

| >>627168 unless you play mp with anticheat, chances are proton can run it fine on your ubuntu

| >>627149
I'm extreamly tempted to rid my Arch sys of languages that don't compile to assembly (like python, java etc.) & systemd but I havent had the followthrough. although when and if i do I'll probably wont switch distros.

| Debian, I'm a basic bitch. Currently running Ubuntu though

| currently running gentoo and void. gotta update my dotfiles screenshot at some point

| >>791ba3 all linux is awesome. we all have different goals and use-cases for running an os. w.e. you like or enjoy, or w.e. works for you

Total number of posts: 30, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1582049067

This thread is permanently archived