danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
I like Windows 7

| It's like, comfy and ergonomic
I don't plan to update to either 10 or Linux. I keep a Linux Memepad next to me but I don't use it that much except to watch movies.

| Me too. It wòrks. I used xp till 2016

| there's currently a push to open source windows 7. i'd like to see it, but not sure microsoft would do that. windows 7 is officially end of life though and won't be supported anymore. i stopped using windows tbh. doesn't stop me from running botw in cemu though. w.e. you like though i guess

| Running win 7 sounds like a good way to get hit by the next wanacry

| Running win 7 sounds like a good way to get hit by the next wanacry

| >>625367 Common Sense 207x Antivirus
>>625363 As long as people develop software for it like web browsers and other stuff then it's partly open source given that system is now dependent on third party software (like it never was lol)

| >>625363 Main problem is that Microsoft will use DirectX comptability to kill the remnants of 7.
Go for OpenGL devfriends

| >>625416
>Common Sense 207x Antivirus
Doesn't work if something is metasploitable. There are tons of users who runs old versions of windows and Linux who can be exploited by scriptkiddies and amatheur hacker enthusiasts with no trace whatsoever. I know because I'm one of these assholes.

| >>625437 Whatever, I've used 2000 till 2014.

| >>625416 wanacry used an exploit not a Trojan hence my comment

| >>625416 wanacry used an exploit not a Trojan hence my comment

| >>625492 you're a monster

| >>625492 you're a monster

| Well, lot's of things won't work. E.g. the online-banking I use depends on an up-to-date browser. And getting this on Windows 7 comes with problems on the long term. Not to mention the "sleepers" that identified security holes, but did not use them until official end of life, aiming on users that don't understand how crappy and insecure windows is.

| Yeah I enjoy using windows 7 as well.

Total number of posts: 15, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1581309401

This thread is permanently archived