danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
I ran my first twitter bot

| Shameless advertising: @icamebot
And in only 3 weeks I got
7 Locks
3 of them asking me to provide a phone number (had to contact twitter support)
2 for password resets
1 for annoying captcha
another one for email Verify

I don't get it how bots like fuckeveryword aren't affected by this, feels bad man.
inb4twitter

| the access token randomly changes every few weeks but nothing is documented about that
So this is what maintaining a bot is like huh

| Blog

| Twitter might have a official way to run a bot, in sure the BBC and other news sites use bots so look into that

| >>61882 only official way I know so far is apps.twitter.com which I am currently using.

| >>61976 find a Twitter c title then suck their dick that should help, but for real I've got no idea only thing to do is ask around to others who run bots

| the fuck dude. 22 tweets per hour? not even fuckeveryword tweet in a third of that frequency. i mean i don't use twitter enough to know two shits about the rules or even make bots but i don't think anyone (would) post that much. thats probably why twitter flags your bot for 'unusual activity'

| I also run a twitter bot. Mine is sharing cute girl pictures once an hour. You have to be careful about the API limits, otherwise Twitter is revoking your access tokens. Also if you're running it on a raspberry pi (or a unusual device) you're more likely to get flagged. If Twitter revokes your tokens, wait for an hour before you get a new one because if you renew it immediately, you'll get revoked again.

| bots seems hard for you

| Oh shit didn't check byt your running 22 tweets per hour no shit your gonna get fucked by Twitter what are you thinking

| oh

Total number of posts: 11, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1513190444

This thread is permanently archived