danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Arch + KVM-QEMU is glorious!

| Gaming with like 99% of native performance? Check. Vfio is heavensent, now I don't have to use windows as my main system and I can switch on the fly. I highly recommend this shit, lol.

| Fuck dual booting!

| I love sex

| How to become a Linux fag from Windows fag? I still question, for example while installing packages, how can I easily change the destination? I really need a good guide.

| 99%? Official numbers say 85-90%. Still awesome though.

>>597649
I have no idea what you mean. Please elaborate and I'll help you.

| >>2fc488 Op here. Well, I didn't do any benchmarks tbh against baremetal, but since I'm running most games vsync-ed the felt difference to baremetal is more or less 0.^^

| I want to do this but don't you need two graphics cards?

| >>0939f9 Yep. I'm using my GTX 970 for the windows guest and my crappy intel igpu for the linux host. (arch) Works like a charm after like 20 hours of configuring! xD

| The arch wiki has a womderful guide for setting this up, also there are several discord groups which can also provide support. :) Hmu if you need an invite or something.

| >>597704 nice, unfortunately for me I've got an amd cpu with no graphics so I'd have to run two full cards :/

how's the whole switching thing? I have two monitors and always thought it would be a pain to switch source every time I needed to run a Windows game

| And I'd happily take an invite even if I can't really do it currently

Also I'd love an opinion on looking Glass
https://github.com/gnif/LookingGlass
If it's it good enough to use or still worth it to dedicate one monitor to the guest

| >>0939f9 I tried to setup looking glass myself but I failed. Never figured it out so I'm switching input sources on the fly. I can control my linux host with my phone via KDEconnect while using windows which is convenient. ^^

| https://discord.gg/2BAfEx

This is the official looking glass server, the lads are quite nice and helpful there. :)

Also, Nvidia GT 710 is enuff for your linux host and costs 35 bucks.

| I do have an extra 970 I was going to give to a friend whenever he gets the money to build so I guess I could try it, problem is I don't think my psu can handle the power draw of two novideo cards =\

If only AMD and Nvidia would give us consumer sr-iov cards so we didn't have to deal with this bs

Total number of posts: 14, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1569216768

This thread is permanently archived