danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Keyboard Web browsing anyone???

| I've just started using VimiumFF and I think it's a real game changer. Anyone else?

| I'm using Tridactyl in desktop. Vim keybinding is always a blessing in every program that uses it.

| >>541631 I use elinks from time to time, but if the FF is anything to go by, I guess I should take a look at VimiumFF, yeah? I know there's a text-mode firefox-like browser out there but I never got it compiled; I forget its name now, anyway.

| >>541734
Are you talking about BrowSH? It's basically Firefox, but its rendered pages are sent to a terminal window. So, you get a working JS and whatnot, but everything is displayed on a terminal.

| >>541808 I think that's what it was.

| Qutebrowser also has some vim-like commands that actually improve browsing using the keyboard. Also, according to this site it is one of the few browsers not considered to be spyware: https://spyware.neocities.org/articles/

| Can someone explain to me what keyboard web browsing is?

| >>542555
Browsing using only (or mostly) keyboard navigation. This means you don't use the mouse to, you know, browse/interact with sites.

| >>7f6704 oh ok, is it worth it? Like is it easier? More convenient or more of a niche thing that is a habit

| >>542629 It can be faster sometimes, and most of the browsers that work this way are minimalistic and consume less RAM, and even less space in your drive.

| >>542348
This may just be one of the most useful websites I've ever seen.
I don't wanna hijack the thread, but can you tell me how to find more websites like these?

| >>542629
Some people do it for habit (vim keybinding), some do it because it's faster and more efficient (since you don't need to throw your mouse around to browse), and there's people like me with hands that ache when using the mouse too much. It's really niche most of the times though.

| Few c

| >>542789 I'm sorry, but I don't know other similar sites so far :(

Total number of posts: 14, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1553638193

This thread is permanently archived