danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
What's Your Favorite Search Engines?

| Self-explanatory. Do you use Google? DuckDuckGo? I wanna know!

| DuckDuckGo all the way!

| startpage.com is ok

| Google for work because I don't care about the data about what I do at work and duckduckgo for personal stuff, I've tried qwant the UI is beautiful but the results come weird sometimes

| Mostly ddg and google for anything that ddg cant find.

| I use Ecosia simply because I feel good by doing practically nothing, which is always great

| Just tested qwant. English patch for an obscure fan game. Found a handful of related sites, but not the one I was looking for. Google, the exact right page as first result. As much as I like the idea of switching, I just dont want to give up the superior utility. I'll test ddg at home later.

| Ecosia, with DuckDuckGo when I want a second opinoon.

| Google is fine

| Imagine using only DNS as a search system, by reverse-lookup caching. It would make using the internet way much more fun, if you ask me

| >>541281 teach me how to do it, this sounds amazing

| Well you'd have to do WHOIS requests for IP addresses, then store the results. You could probably use something like Python or Lua. Mass generate WHOIS requests and store them in a table and make an interface to search them with. The interface takes search text and compares it to the WHOIS info (location of owner, date of renewal/purchase, domain name, webmaster contact info, you name it), applies filters and spits out matched WHOISs paired with the IP addresses for your browser.

| >>541295 awesome, maybe I'll try making something like this on elixir

| >>541295 Cont'd... I'm preeetty sure you might be able to do whois queries directly to the IP in,question..? Need to look more into it myself. Hope the response wasn't too long. Didn't notice any rules to this place, so I hope posting twice isn't bad or anything, as I just scraped the message limit on the first one.

Total number of posts: 14, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1553290436

This thread is permanently archived