danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Need a New Phone

| Hey g/u/rls. So I need a new phone, but I don't know shit about phones. I know you guys seem to know a lot about tech stuff so I'm just going to ask here for advice.

I'd prefer an android phone that's water proof and durable because I'm clumsy and 100% will drop it many times. I also have fat fingers, so if it has a keyboard or something to work with that it'd be nice. Right now I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S6 active and it works well but it's getting old.

Any recommendations?

| Not sure if there are any phones with decent dedicated keyboard nowadays. Except this requirement there are sony phones. They're mostly water/dust/shockproof and generally well designed so they dont die after fall. Also they has power saving mode that also cuts off most of google's spyware (but denies internet access).

| I suggest the Samsung Phones for durability, i've had a Galaxy S2 and I've been a bit too carefree with it and it's still going strong after 5 years

| >>538421 Correction, it's a S3

| Got two motorola phones, made them fall many times, and the structure prevented any serious damage.
Don't buy samsung by the way, overpriced phone for a comparatively bad hardware.

| I had two Asus zenfones(2 and 3max) they never broke from physical damage

| One Plus is a coll company! Check em out!

| Rare nokia

| BlackBerry AFAIK is the only company having phones with hardware keyboard. The Key2 is their most recent foray to that idea — but the phone is neither dust nor water resistant. Durability is pretty decent though.

If you're that clumsy, I'd suggest going for metal-chassis (which is a trend that's getting rarer as phones go for glass case).

| Anything is honestly better than pure glass. Plastic (something older Samsungs have) is way more durable than glass, which cracks and require expensive replacement. So, if you can: avoid glass (but I doubt this is possible in 2019)

| Galaxy s5 is cheap, and reliable albeit old. If you're eyeballing an s6, then I guess you don't mind the age. If you're trying to up your tech skills, then this is a good start.

| Just move on to digital keyboard, you'll get used to it pretty quickly.

Add screen protector + a case that protects almost all side of your phone and you are good to go.

| >Hey, g/u/rls
>I know you guys

Could it be that we actually... found HIM?!

| >>538925
!?

| >>7d963c
You are a g/u/y!!!

| Build one from a raspberry pi

| >>9cab33
I would be insulted, the accusatiom weren't so laughable. A guy on danger/u/? Lol.

| Guy here. AMA

| Tomboy doesn't count >>f7745f

| >>7d963c xiaomi mi mix 3.

| >>539032 why haven't you post your dic pic?

| >>539032
You are required by law to link your dicc pic you say that.

| >>538351 Pretty sure it's not out yet.

| Fairphone or Librem

| Looking for a physical keyboard is real tough, since the most recent is like the Blackberry Key 2 or something.

But there's going to be a newcomer, the "Fxtec Pro 1." (idk if its out yet)

Its a QWERTY-board slider smartphone with the latest Android 9.0 and decent specs (SD 835, but still), NFC, microSD/3.55mm jack support. Should fit all of what you may want.

> tdlr : go check out Fxtec Pro 1 bc it has android, durability, and physical keyboard.

| Thanks for the suggestions so far everyone. I'm still thinking about what to get, but it's nice to have some ideas now. :)

| Blackberry Priv or get one of those Android flip phones from Korea. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Folder and it's pretty good

| >>539109 >>539134
I'll show my dikc if you show me your tiddies. Here's my dick pic: 8===========>

| >>539260 Pretty sure it's too tech savy for OP. No offense to him/her/apache.

| Hey g/u/rls. Just found this. Thoughts? Looks cool, but I haven't heard anything about the phone before seeing an ad. So on today's episode of Danger/u/, we'll be playing Scam or Not a Scam! Winners will receive a luxury couch!

https://redmagic.gg/pages/mars?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9cbt1_eP4QIVw41-Ch2f7wtnEAEYASAAEgJVhvD_BwE

| >>540005
Looks pretty darn average. Depending on where you live, you may be able to get a better deal out the likes of Pocophone/OnePlus. Don't get swayed by the fancy marketing, phones are (mostly) the same except for their software and the quality of the parts.

| >>540005
>GAMERS
Besides that it's kinda meh. You're better getting a xiaomi phone than this

| Take a look at this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-nezImUP0w
Unfortunately its only available in germany ;-P

| >>540226
I can't use it to abort my baby so it's pretty shite

| Samsung S9/10e. Both of these are excellent phones.

Total number of posts: 36, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1553231063

This thread is permanently archived