danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Why is the AHK thread closed?

| Sure the interest base is reeeally narrow (using Autohotkey for GTA San Andres? I think??), but, is that reason to close threads now?

Is it because "reading pixel on the screen" something danger/u/'s hacker is doing and the admins are being paranoid? Honestly feels too farfetched

| Cuz you didn't suck linux's dick, duh

| >>477013
I actually do it on linux. Tbh I have no idea how this would work on windos.

| Cause you're a moron.

| ... Ok maybe I am a moron and that thread is obviously bad. Anyone want to tell me WHY exactly instead of calling me names?

| >>477026 again, cause you're a moron.

| >>477029 failure

| >>477015 ahk has a Linux Port?

| And looks like it was closed because you mistook this board for Google

| >>477074
... That thread was asking a question that can start a discussion. It's no different than asking, eh, where to learn coding.

I'm genuinely confused here. Can anyone give me a serious answer?
- This thread's OP

| >>477080
>where to learn coding?
Is an interesting thread.
Yours was boring.

Here is your reason.

| I'm not the OP of that thread too, I'm just curious.

Is there some kind of guideline of what's boring and what's not boring? Like, I don't know a thing about AHK, but someone thinks it's interesting. Interesting enough to write a paragraph-long query about it, at least.

I honestly have no idea why you're all so hostile about it.
- This thread's OP

| >>477145 mods are Gods. Remember that.

| >>477145 /tech/ has been known for linux circlejerk for a while. Every kind of windows post will be greeted with hostility.

One day, it got really heated up, some of the linux gurls claimed that windows gurls are a great annoyance for asking windows tech problems that can be easily googled.

Then, some gurls (supposedly windows gurls) started making topics/posts related to windows problem just to piss on the annoyed linux gurls.

| It got kinda spammy and the hostility (if you can believe) increased. A Mod then stepped in, threatening ban for anyone who post questions/topics about /tech/ problems that can be easily googled.

If you were not trolling, then you were just lucky to be in the crossfire.

| >>477189 fucking hell. What's up with all this "gurl" shit? Write like a normal person, moron.

| >>477203 Welcome to the textboard, g/u/rl.

| >>477231 this isn't /u/. Fucking retard.

| >>189827 wow, I've never seen newerfag than you

| >>477189
>One day, it got really heated up, some of the linux gurls claimed that windows gurls are a great annoyance for asking windows tech problems that can be easily googled.
This was never the critique. At this point it's really interesting if you are just trolling or if you really didn't understand what the issue was. Pls. be honest, I won't judge you for it. It's just hard to estimate it these days.

| Nevertheless, i don't understand how this could become a "windows vs. linux" discussion, as the initial question of op was not a windows-specific issue at all.

| >>477250 it's /tech/, g/u/rl. they don't know how to talk about anything else.

| >>477247
>newfag
>dangeru

I'm the original baiter you moron. I'm the op of every single bait on board.

| AHK OP here, I just thought It was an interesting topic, appropiate for this board, since SAMP is also pretty well known in the Russian-speaking side of the internet. I guess since I didn't participate in the massive ecochamber, my thread got removed. It also never corssed my mind that the mods would remove my post for being related to the spammer guy, but that seems like a possibility, but it is unlikely.

| >>477254 cool! I wish I was you

| Also, I of course, googled for solutions, and never found anything I felt confortable using/fast enough when looking into pixel reading, and when looking into reading the memory, I never found a tutorial or a sample script, so I had to go into the documentation, and look for a certain function someone alluded to in a forum.

| >>477249 welp, I could spend 10 mins looking for the thread linux gurls are complaining that /tech/ is turning into windows tech support; before the spam and mod stepped in, but I have better things to do.

Since I am the troll, maybe you should go explain why OP previous thread was deleted, go explain why there was windows problem spam and a mod stepped in threathen ban.

| >>477203
>Writes something stupid
>Gets called out for it
>Says it's just a bait
Works every time

| >>477310 never said it was a bait. I was responding to a moron who called me a newfag.

| >>477254 literally right here

| >>477254
Ok

Side note, I really wish this Linux vs windows bullshit would just fucking end already. Honestly how does every fucking thread here turn into this shit it's bloody annoying.

| >>477339
Well, I get the point about the criticism of microsoft ans I even share the opinion that windows specific issues don't belong to a public board. Windows support is something that is and only should be provided by microsoft (as long it violates open standards). There's no point in supporting a company for free, especially such a monopolist.

But again:
In this case OPs question is not specifically windows related.

| >>477013
I honestly believe that there are some baiters who just love to discredit the pro gnu/linux and microsoft critical faction by making it a stupid meme, placing it everywhere and annoy people. I mean this >>477013 g/u/rl started it here and the post just is pointless. It's a self-fullfying prophecy and strawman argumentation.

| A lot of speculation prsonally
I think ppl simply had no interest

| >>477338 what I meant by that I'm as old as the bait on this board.

| >>477358 it doesn't matter. Even if there're several trolls, the general concensus of /tech/ has been "fuck of windos". I once got yelled at for proposing that windows and linux should just say "cool, good for you" to each other. No one defended me either, since most people here are either linux worshippers or windows trolls.

| >>477389 I preach Linux and use Windows because I'm a dirty heretic, but it is indeed annoying that every thread brings it up

| >>477484
You get threads without it.
and i rather see it spammed then not to see it at all

| >>477191
Thank you for giving a serious answer. It's honestly deeply disappointing, but I guess that explains it.

Total number of posts: 39, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1542935882

This thread is permanently archived