danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Why is it so hard to install arch linux?

| And why doesn't it has a desktop?

| >>469632
Have you tried to install gentoo?
For now just install Ubuntu. Come back to arch later.

| Does /tech/ seriously only consist of bait threads now? What's even the point anymore?

| >>469639 what makes you think this is a bait thread?

| >Why is it so hard to install arch linux?
It's not really hard. Just follow the instructions of the installation guide of the wiki:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Installation_guide
Even my grandma could do it, if she had to. She hasn't to because if she buys a computer windows is preinstalled, and she wouldn't question it on her own, because she was never educated for it. While for older people it's understandable todays education system and antitrust law still failing here.

| >And why doesn't it has a desktop?
It has no desktop preinstalled, but all common desktops can be installed after installing the basic system as instructed in the mentioned installation guide.
Why is this the case? Well it's one of the distinctive features which makes Arch linux different from other distributions. It's on purpose that way.
Nevertheless there are Derivates of Arch linux including a default GUI Desktop or even an Installer, keeping the other features of Arch.

| If you like the Arch linux repositories and it's unique package managing (pacman) but want a GUI-Installer or Desktop preinstalled, then have a look at:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arch_Linux#Derivatives

| >>469662
Beside the lack of a preinstalled desktop or a gui installer, the unique packaga-manager and its repositiories Arch Linux has another feature distincting it from most other Distros:
It's a rolling release, which means packages are not upgradeable according to a release schedule but immediately as the package maintainer(s) release it. This means in Arch the latest versions of software are very fast available with all its advantages and disatvantages.

| >>469632
I >>fd2f0c hope i could help you with your questions OP.
>>469639
Not everything wich seems totally clear to you is bait.

| >>469665
Nice of you to anwser
(Honestly looks like bait though)

Total number of posts: 10, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1542616035

This thread is permanently archived