This thread is permanently archived
Windows vs linux.

| Why is Windows better than linux?

| funny

| Your question islike:
Why is junkfood better than a stove?

There are two issues with your question:
1. It's suggestive
2. It compares two things that don't belong to the same category.

How to do it right
Which is better, the NT or Linux Kernel?
Or for example:
Which is better, Windows Desktop/Server/Mobile or Ubuntu Desktop/Server/Android?

| >>467892
Because you can eat it, duh. You can't eat a stove

| I prefer windows. It's pretty hard to see through a Linux, so I didn't install any of them, except for in my washroom, when you wouldn't want a see through window.

| The bad trolling attempts are bad.

| All of this bullshit needs to stop.

| OP is a ....

| Do not feed the troll

| >>469459
*slow clap*

| wild opinion here: windows is only better for those who feel overwhelmed by Linux environments. in most cases they really dont look or feel user friendly for them obvious gaymers and computer illiterates.

| linux is the most user-friendly platform on earth. Your updates are downloaded and installed only when you want to. You can install any program (firefox,chrome,spotify,vlc,blender etc.) from a package manager. you can customize anything and its far more unlikely to get malware from anything. Only bad side of linux is gaming and popular company-backed programs are not supported by those companies and there is nothing linux community can do since they are law protected.

| https://xkcd.com/225/

Richard Stallman sleeps with a katana, Linus Torvalds sleeps with nunchucks. Bill Gates doesn't sleep with a katana or nunchucks.

| >>469646
Bill Gates sleeps with government representatives. He must be a good lover thought, as they kneel to his will regarding copyright- and antitrust-law or education policy.

| >>469619 I agree

| >>469668 uhh that was meant for>>469617

| >>469619 I don't agree with it being the most user friendly, it's the best option for power users but for the average person who doesn't know what a terminal is windows is likely better, and osx is probably better than that their respective issues aside, most people don't know what a package manager, config file, binary, compiling, dependences et cetera, there's a lot of terminology required to understand what's going on and on osx it's "app" and "installer" on rare occasions

| I guess the spammer chase away those linux hardcore worshippers, since I see less hostility here.

| >>470999 yeah i think a lot of users went away due to the hacker.

| >>471380 """""hacker"""""

| >>471380 oh shit. I meant script kiddie. I don't know why I wrote hacker.

| As in my life I simply use Windows for gaming/easy stuff and Linux for hacking and research.

| Linux is great if you want 15 extra steps to do anything and also have no gaming community.

| >>475384
Windows is great if you want 30 extra steps to do anything but you maybe have a "gaming community" consisting 2/3 of preschool level assholes. "Uh, you gaynoob are so a noobish gay" summarizes it.

| >>475384 >>475402 you're both retarded considering Linux and windows usually share the same gaming community in games with a Linux Port

| >>475436
Yeah, that's the other 1/3.
Thinking about wine it may be more...

| >>475436
>games with a Linux Port
Thats a funny joke you got there.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/265033/proportion-of-operating-systems-used-on-the-online-gaming-platform-steam/

| >>475445
GNU/Linux Desktop users are underrepresented in statistics for a couple of reasons. I play games on linux (including new blockbuster titles) and never reported it on another platform than winehq.
I avoid or block 3rd party tools like steam or the bnet-app or *i dunno if the EA-shit still lives* whenever it is possible. I always turn off statistics and measurement stuff in non-foss software.

| I have an old tshirt for this

Linux for development
Mac for productivity
Palm for mobility
Windows for solitaire

| >>475535
So development is not productive?
In my experience owners of apple devices are more about consuming instead of producing something. Or at least they do some simple media stuff. which could be done on any other system, and say "Look at me how uniquely productive I am with my Macbook PRO" Because owning a product labeled with "PRO" makes you a pro autoamtically. And everyone else is just an amateur.

| Why are you people actually falling for the troll

| >>476989 because it's fun

| >>476989
Did you ever consider that not everything what seems to be telling to you is trolling? There is a high chance that there are people who really don't know it. Three years ago I always thought that most of this nazist posts are just trolling. Now I'm sure that more people are serious about it than I thought.
Same is with windos/apple fans. There are really people that believe that this shit is the best.

| If you're lazy and want to play shitty windows only games with minimal effort then windows is the way to go, at least until it starts BSoDs every 5 seconds.

| >>477179 I know we all hate windows here in /tech/, but can we not exaggerate things like saying "it starts bsods every 5 seconds"? It just make you looks like an ignorant gurl

| >>475402 yeah, at least linux community has middle-school level assholes.

| What really, really, really, annoys me lately with windows, is that my laptop with win10 seems so slow to do anything. Open a pdf... Wait time. Excel sheet, same thing. Word docx, yap gotta wait. The disk seems to be all the time active. Doing who the hell knows what. And then I start my Debian in virtualbox there, and it bloody works much much faster. Same pdf, xlsx and docx open as they should.

How funny would it have been if the roles were reversed?

| >>477378
Use Free Software, faggot.

| >>477380
Stop being a tool, faggot.

| >>6be467
I bet you use proprietary software.

| >>477403
>tfw the most imported thing in your life is the license the software you use is using

| >>477483
You have no idea how mutch that means to a developer

| >>477483
And while it might not mean mutch to the avrage person it usually still benefits them

| >>477490 sure it's a good thing and I try to use mostly open source stuff, but when you've drank the Kool-Aid to the point that proprietary software user is an insult you might want to reevaluate

Total number of posts: 44, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1542960170

This thread is permanently archived