danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Any good places to learn hacking?

| Why :i enjoy being an asshole sometimes and want to make some money.
What i know: basic programming skills in c++, html, sql, do have a basic understanding of how the stuff works. Do know Linux basics.
What i look for: well, basically any sources. Sites, books, youtube channels, you name it.

| Uninstall Windows.

| >>461834 i heard that danger/u/ is a good place to start

| Hacking is not for you, it's for grown adults. What you call "hacking" is nothing more than petty crimes, and you should be ashamed of your own stupidity.
Cheers.

| >>461846
So "real hackers" are born as adults? Oo

| >>461888
Oh my.

| https://www.pwnadventure.com/

| Try https://www.hackthissite.org

| You can also try an app called mimo:learn to code if you are new to programming and stuff

| Just watch mr robot and you'll be able to hack into NSA.

| watch?v=KEkrWRHCDQU

| If you want to make money online, you'll have better luck whoring yourself to charitable nerds or making roblox LP.

| first of all get "hacking" out of your mind,what are you anyways?, a script kiddie?

| >>464134 why should he get "hacking" out of his mind?

| >>464145
Because it's a word that real "hackers" don't really use. It's something script kiddies use, and the ridiculous and immature nature of this post tends to prove it too.
Hacker is so broad that it has no meaning, therefore it cannot be used seriously.

| Guys I watch soooo many life hack videos am I a hacker now

| have you installed Kali Linux yet?

captcha: feces halos slily

| These days you can become supahacka just by watching tutorials of random indonesian/indian skids on youtube

| >>464148 I've seen security guys use the term but they use it more as slang(?) almost, and there's the other type of hacker which "hacks" things together (see bodge & jerry-rigging)

| >>466333
A programmer could be called a "hacker". This term is obsolete, and the only ones who use it seriously to talk about computer security know nothing about it.
So yeah, it might be used, simply because it's funnier and faster than "pentester", " reverse engineer", or things like that. But it's not serious, in those cases.

| Wow. The ignorance is real in this thread.

| >>466377
Please let your amazingly bright might shine upon us and give us your infinite knowledge then, master.

| >>466387 as you mentioned, my knowledge is infinite. None of you primitives cam comprehend anything that happens in my mind.

| >>c32d57
Is a downie.

| 300 iq hacker DESTROYS LIBERALS with KNOWLEDGE and FACTS

| >>466411 this gets it.

| So you all really know nothing about hacking scene today, or are you just pretending?
It IS possible to become a hacker.
But you'll have to choose a side.
Whitehats = bug bounty hunters, pentesters, malware researchers, exploit developers.
Blackhats = your typical cybercriminals. They have specializations too. On average they make more money than whitehats, but with increased risk.

| >>467879
What about those who make it for fun and competition? I know this still is a thing in the (cracker) "Scene". It's like grafity, proudly putting your pseudo under your work to show the world: I did it!

| >>467882 faggots. Those are called faggots.

| >>466354 agreed

| >>467879
If you use the term "hacker", you are either too immature or too lazy to be one.

| >>467902 if you use the term "hacker" it just mean that you aren't a faggot.

| >>461834
Ok OP, if you're still here than you're probably serious about it.
Check out https://null-byte.wonderhowto.com/

| >>469499 >>463199 >>463746
OP here.
Thanks, guys, i will check this out.

| Check these sites too >>463746 >>463780

| OP was stupid, but since this thread is up, anyone ever do any Red Team pen testing? Seems like it's be a super hard field to get into.

| >>461846
>not using the term scriptkiddie
sounds like its not your strongsuit either

| The best place 2 learn hacking is life. If you want guides on ~Linux hacking tools~ just look for the tool usage. It's very simple.

| >>474949
Op here
I do understand, that I have to become a scriptkiddie before bekoming a full-on hacker (or cracker, ffs i know how broad the meaning of this word is, i'm fucking doing my own research on tgis topic) but i want places where i can really lrarn about this stuff.

| >>db2b7b
To hack (in technology): to be passionate enough about problem solving that you love to spend time reverse engineering solutions into new, more efficient and more simple solutions - exploitation of the solutions' implementation may take place - exploitation of the intended purpose of the system may take place.

It becomes malicious when there exists malicious intent and harm is done.

| >>db2b7b
I never understood how people ask "where do I go to hack/learn to hack?". What exactly are you trying to learn?

If I were you, simply knowing the basics of a technology or tool wouldn't cut it. I would continuously improve on it.

If you know C++, then everytime you write your software you're hacking; does it feel amazing?

You know how to execute system calls and other various commands through a shell on a Linux distro? Have you taken a look at the Linux kernel code?

| >>db2b7b
If the inner workings of the Linux kernel somehow doesn't interest you, are you interested in networking? Working with routers, switches, etc?

Are you interested in cyber security? You can test and probe a system by running a tool remotely or even performing the audit in person without any technology at all. You have the option of cryptography though your two options here would be: excel in mathematics; write your own crypto module over a 3rd party such as Crypto++

| >>db2b7b
There are many ways to begin/continue learning any of this. Though because your question is fairly ambiguous I'm not sure what I can recommend without your response.

Total number of posts: 43, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1542691617

This thread is permanently archived