danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Password manager

| Looking for a way to safely encrypt and manage my passwords offline any suggestions?

| anything that's not cloud botnet is fine. If you have Wangblows don't bother, you're compromised anyways.

| I use KeePassDroid

| I use the KDE-Wallet "kwallet" with GPG encryption. It's well integrated into the KDE-Desktop, supports Firefox and is available for GNU/Linux and/or FreeBSD.

| KeePassXC is my go to solution. If you’re on Android, KeePass Deluxe is also great. I use Syncthing to sync the databases between my computers and phone.
captcha: wise boob cubed

| KeePass on Windows
KeePassX on GNU/Linux
KeePass DX on Android

| I use safeInCloud, but I'm trying to find a different free one

| https://www.passwordstore.org/
It's in CLI for desktop, and on Android there's Password Store based on it (which is relatively obviously a GUI).

| Basically fucking piece of paper w/ all passwords on it. Super secure (if you care a bit and don't tell everybody about its existing) and absolutely offline.

| >>452968
This is probably the cheapest and most secure option to be honest.

| >>452981 aside from memorizing all 32 character minimum alpha-numeric passcodes for each various site you visit. But we all know what a grand old time that is.

| >>452968
Don't talk about security if you have no idea what it is. A password on paper is one of the worst kinds of security. Security by obscurity is pure shit.

| >>453449 guess we'd better get rid of all authentication then... don't talk about buzzwords if you don't know why they matter.

| >>453589
Ever heard of public key authentication? Probably not since you prefer to use passwords written on paper.

| >>453979 still relies on security by obscurity, doesn't that mean it's bad?

| >>452968
Just make sure to put in in your submarine safe

| How about sesam?

| >>454030
You don't know what security through obscurity is, do you?

| >>454054
Hi. >>c95d05 here.
And the guy you're arguing with is not me.
And btw piece of paper was a joke.

| >>454199
Well sadly some people apparently believe it. Security is a major problem in computer science because some people really think that a password on paper is secure.
But I indeed was a bit too aggressive.

Total number of posts: 20, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1542027494

This thread is permanently archived