| What do you like the most?

Personally is WinRAR, that 40 days trial is fantastic

| Is this bait? How is that a question?

| lul 7zip master race

| Linux, you lowlife

| .tar.gz

| 7zip, cause I don't live in the past

| ... Really? Do you even need to ask?

| >>410996 I wish 7z had an option to just extract the gzip and tar at the same time, I am a lazy soul

| GNU Tar with gzip

| "Ark" from kde, works with zip, tar 7zip, ace, gzip, lzma, cab, etc.
There's also "fileroller" or built-in basic archive support by almost every modern file-manager. And last but not least there is the CLI with an ass full of options and possibilities.

| WinRAR. For the ~nostalgia factor~

This is a joke. Op is also joking. How can you people miss it

| I don't know why everyone is asking if this is a joke... What are we supposed to be using because winrar is fine.

| I googled some tests and turns out they have nearly same efficency (though 7z wins a bit), so me too i don't understand why this is a joke. You can tell me that im the noobest noob but i would like to hear some arguments

| yeah I like file-roller

| engrampa

| Winrar is total garbage compared to 7-zip, there’s no arguement. And that’s not even considering that winrar is paid software! (And no, the “unlimited” trial doesn’t count)

| 7zip can't rar or unrar without proprietary plugins, which sucks. Has nobody reverse-engineered that already? It's been decades.

| I'm using Total Commander and many Plugins. I wish there would be a _stable working_ Open Source alternative with equal features.

| >>411300 that's not even an argument. Is it faster? If yes then how much? Did someone do some tests?

| >>411310
Nobody cares because rar is shit

| >>411375 unfortunately, it's still quite popular for some reason

| hjsplit

Total number of posts: 22, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1537969675

This thread is permanently archived