danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Windows is a good OS, change my mind

| Ive used windows all my life, sell me other OS

| I can't becouse the linux distros i know are free

| That's your job. Don't act like you don't see GNU/Linux promoted everywhere.
>>406989
The GPL allows selling the software.

| >>406991
U got me there
But i still don't know anyone selling it.

| >>406983
no "telemetry", no forced updates, UI that wasn't designed literally in PowerPoint
also bunch of other stuff, but these three matter the most to me

| If I have both systems at the same time what am I?

| >>406983
I've heard Macs are more smooth for coding, at least compared to windows.

Also the talk of forced Updates only applies if you don't know how to disable automatic updates. Windows 7 is probably the last good representation of windows. Windows 8 and 10 are train wrecks.

| >>407403 an enthusiast

| >>407436
Their overpriced and theres no benefits when comparing to linux or windows

| >>407436
Anything is more smooth for coding than windows, but Linux will be much, much smoother than mac.

| I was fine with windows 8.1, but year ago AMD dropped support and now I seriously want to install some distro instead. On laptop I have manjaro, so maybe something similar.

| >>407665
Also, I have a 3 tb drive with NTFS, but I don't want to let ntfs-3g ruin it. No idea, where to backup the data for reformat in ext4.

| >>407667 why would ntfs-3g ruin it?

| >>407024
Red Hat

| I would but windows fucking killed itself during an automatic update last night, so I have to reinstall my OS first

| >>407791
Install GNU/Linux

| >>407684
Why wouldn't it? It doesn't even support defrag.

| >>408288 if you're using ntfs-3g on Linux and you're complaining you should try the Mac version, shit freezes if you try to write like 100MB at once

| It's the best OS for gaming, I'll give you that

| Android.

| >>408379 My point is, I don't want to use drive with ntfs in Linux. By usage I mean torrenting and watching media.

| >>408544 I've not had any issues with Linux ntfs-3g but I agree you should use another format, but there's an issue if you want to mount it on Windows then because windows is aids and refuses to support anything not invented here>>4edd42

| Windows is the only good OS for vaporwave a e s t h e t i c

| I do think windows 10 is good enough, but what sucks the most for me is having to install a driver for every piece of hardware I have, and countless blue screens that just appear out of nowhere. Also, the UI is stiff. I dunno how to explain it, but it doesn't have the freedom of linux or the good design of mac. If I didn't game I'd definetely use linux

| >>409304
You can vidya on GNU/Linux. Especially since Valve's latest feature which integrates Wine and some other software to play Windows gaems on GNU/Linux.

| >>409359 dude it's amazing I was able to just install a game and play it, it's been so long since I've done that

| There are Microsoft employees that look to Vista for ideas.

Total number of posts: 27, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1537569790

This thread is permanently archived