danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Is there any reason to use Mint over Ubuntu and visa-versa?

|

| also i just want animu and light vidya

| yes

| Last i saw it Ubuntu had some stupid tablet-wannabe interface, while Mint gives you choices of the normal ones.

| Use KDE neon instead. It's superior to the other bullshit.

| >>361609
Was looking at it, looks nice

| >>361609 why is KDE better?

| It's based on "qt", which is a more efficient, consistent and conceptutal superior gui library (and more) than "gtk", which is used in most other GUI environments.

You could also have a look on "lubuntu", which runs the lightweight-x-desktop-environment ("lxde"). It also has a "qt"-based fork "lxqt", which is included by default in "lubuntu next"
http://www.ubuntubuzz.com/2018/04/are-you-ready-for-lubuntu-next-1804.html?m=1

| The real advantage of mint is that already comes with all the software and stuff the average chummer needs already running

Ubuntu now changed to gnome3, big ass mistake imho should have forked it or gone with mate

| Mint used to be a very light version of Ubuntu, cutting out all the bullshit un favor of a more Debian style setup (with a fuck ton more quality of life things then fresh Debian). Then Mint got so fat there was a "peppermint" spin off.

I've been messing with Arch and Bohdi. They make good VM distros.

| >>363252
Nice to see another Bohdi user, my old trashtop (1 Ghz single core celeron m 1 gb of ram) was only capable of running bohdi

| >>363259 I got Bohdi to get a winXP netbook with a blown wifi card and a stuck "q" key back up lol

Total number of posts: 12, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1531739328

This thread is permanently archived