danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Best paid VPN

| I'm in fucking China and I desperately need a good VPN rn. Fuck free vpns that steal your info, which one is the most legit secure and available to pay for?

| If you pay for a service YOU ARE THE PRODUCT.

| If you are in China, get mullard but don't use VPN. Use wireguard

| inb4 shills tell you all about Nord VPN, which provides military grade protection for the whole family at just 4 measly dollaridoos a month.

| Linux premium

| I personally use ProtonVPN, it's by the same company that does ProtonMail.

It lacks some features of other VPN services, but it also has some enhanced security features that no one else does.

| Why dont the techies get a vps and build their own vpn server to use? OpenVPN is quite nice in these cases. And you can be sure, to a degree, that no eyes are on you.

| >>359432
Kys

| Op here. Thanks for the recommendations. A coworker uses ExpressVPN and so far that also works like ass.
Proton VPN and Windscribe seem like a safe bet to buy, I'll give Nord a try as well.
Since I'm gonna use a Vpn specifically to purchase my flight tickets, gmail & drive, and other personal data.

Also, I don't know why I'm double posting

| Op here. Thanks for the recommendations. A coworker uses ExpressVPN and so far that also works like ass.
Proton VPN and Windscribe seem like a safe bet to buy, I'll give Nord a try as well.
Since I'm gonna use a Vpn specifically to purchase my flight tickets, gmail & drive, and other personal data.

| >>359432 no the product it the product, that's why you're paying for it

| I got Private internet access for a year for $15 so that's what I've been using, works well enough for me though people seem to dislike them

| >>359944
Yeah, the g/u/rl cited it wrong. It's
>If you don't pay for a product you are the product.
Nevertheless you put a lot of trust into the VPN provider, who is a central company that stands under local and global laws. At least the law of market, in which selling information about customers is a very valuable business.

| Was OP taken to a concentration camp?

| >>360289 very true, a VPN only moves the issue of trust from your isp to them

| >>361544 Thankfully you have much more choice in your VPN selection than your ISP selection, seeing as how ISPs are insanely monopolized.

| >>361715
That's a valid point. But only as long the VPN-provider market doesn't get monopolized. And especially in the IT-sector (democratic) estates failed to stop or prohibit monopolization (autorcratic ones do a good job here, but only because their rulers want to keep their sovereignity on information).

There is another plus point on VPN:
It makes espionage work more complicated (=more expensive)

| >>361734
>There is another plus point on VPN:
It makes espionage work more complicated (=more expensive)
The bad thing about is, that espionage is paid with public money, which is peoples taxes. So you pay for your own observation, and every aproach to hinder it, will make you pay more in the end (as long masses want politcs that is about anti-"piracy" and "anti-terror security observation")

| >>361735 well I'm fine with paying a bit more taxes for a bit more privacy

| >>361920
No, no. You don't pay just "a bit more taxes" and also not for more privacy. It's the opposite case: With your taxes you pay for more surveilance. And using privacy-services that make surveilance more complicated and expensive make either taxes rise or welfare/public property has to be cut. It's a never ending, endless race you have to pay for more and more. I already read, that the NSA started to run thousands of TOR-exit nodes. Guess who pays for it.

| >>362129
pay a bit more taxes was the surveillance and privacy was the VPN in the last case not saying taxes would get me privacy at all though that would be nice.

Something interesting with your last point is all that spending on stuff like that comes from the military budget in the us, that's why it's so high, every single black program is lumped in there

| if the government feels spending that much to monitor every citizen is important then they should just make it illegal to have privacy like China and cut the act.

| >>362229
If you throw people into the boiling water, they'll jump out. The trick is to increase the temperature slowly.

| I'm currently using vpninja in shanghai. A bit expensive but it works alright imo.

Total number of posts: 25, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1531655554

This thread is permanently archived