danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
So g/u/rl, what do you use your gnu/linux for?

| I'm guessing you spend a lot of time "ricing" it than doing something productive? You're so awesome!

| I don't rice, my desktop looks spartan (Fluxbox) since it's only a backup. I mostly do everything through TTY & SSH, except when using apps specifically needing GUI.

It pays the bills and makes me a level 27 wizard.

| I use linux for everything. Bureau work, media processing and creation, playing games, programming, running servers. There is nothing you can't do with linux. It's just a question of attitude.

| The same as anyone would. I read websites, watch movies, listen to music, write stuff, calculate stuff and play stuff.

| >>357283 >>357299
What games are you playing on it?
I dont see many options when it comes to linux, knowing that 99% of aaa games are windows only

| Literally saving humanity from the corporate overlord with my superior brain

| I use my ThinkPad with GNU+Linux on it for everything. In fact, I don't own a Windows or Mac computer. It's rather refreshing having literally zero need for those proprietary operating systems. I program, browse, watch animu, learn, pay my taxes and do e-banking. No need for Wangblows.

| >>357320
I mainly play emulated PSP, PSX and so on games. Gaming after 2006 is retarted

| Vidya

| >>357320
I use wine. Works fine with most games. I also prefer older titles, because the actual "aaa games" include too often and too much forced online shit, dlc shit and telemetry shit.
But I also played some newer titles recently, just for testing. Had no problems, except my weak graphics card.

| >>357775
Wine is pretty awful but it will run majority of titles, even newer ones. Thought nowadays I use Parsec and an AWS instance to play games. Not ideal for twitchy and competitive games that benefit heavily from low latency. But I completed the most recent Tomb Raider and it only cost me 0.14-0.16 USD an hour. Not entirely sure how many hours I put into it.
Slight shill, but Parsec is a decent option for Linux and laptop users. Proprietary though.

| Get told to resize 80 images, use a script, get paid for how long it would take the boss to do it with Photoshop.

| >>357281 can you teach me how to cast magic missle?

| >>358645
Haha, that's similiar to what I did:
1. Converting vectorgraphics from shitty adobe format into svg
2. Using sed to change colors.
My boss would have done this manually.

| ZANE.

| general computing, and home server needs

| >>359090 tf do you mean by general computing? It sounds like you're a mad scientist that computes everything everytime

| >>359110
t. Windows user. Proper Hackers utilize the powers of pure text to bend their data to their will. This is computation. Clicking around a GUI is not really.

| >>359110
there is no specific thing im using it for. i didnt install it just to make use of its rich image editing software, for instance.

| Kali pays the bills.

| >>359167
As in you literally use it for professional pentesting, or are you one of these countless beginners who thinks Kali is a good idea as a daily distro because it's associated with hacking?

| I just use plain gnome 3 at work (also at home). Pretty good stuff

| >>357672 retarded* remember if you're going to call someone a retard, don't spell like a retard.

| >>361940 nobody was called a retard

| >>361940 it's about the gameplay systems

| For dank memes of course.

| >>357278
I rice all my operating systems, because I like to feel at home and look at something pretty that I made. I riced my Android phone, MacOS Macbook, Linux Desktop and Windows Desktop.

| >>362532 >>362533 I know that it's just a saying ^_^

| >>357320
I don't play aaa games. I like dwarffortress type of games, like rimworld, factorio, OnI, or 4X strategies from paradox. All ported and supported for Linux. Never touched Overwatch or PUBG.

| you can easily play win games on Linux using special program that emulates win environment

| >>365313
Are you talking about Wine? Because Wine Is Not an Emulator.

| >>365313
Wine Is Not an Emulator

| >>365313
Wine Is Not an Emulator

Total number of posts: 33, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1531949520

This thread is permanently archived