danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Why do non-techies dont like techies

| Why in /u they're all like "techies the paranoic linuxoids ahahah", and when you explain why we should use lInUx and fReE software all we get in return is "kys" or "linuxfags"? Are they retarded that they cant get the explanation or what?

| kys linuxfag

| >>356828
Gnu/Linux*

| Do you have an explanation prepared for why I should use linux? cause I'd love to hear it

| Ubuntu already has a lot of great stuff for a average joe to get started (Except gnome, Fuck gnome), Only thing that is really lacking in Gnu/Linux are the vidyas.

| >>357280
>Only thing that is really lacking in Gnu/Linux are the vidyas.
What do you mean by that?

| >>357219
You should use Linux because:
- It's technically more advanced than windos
- It's free (as in freedom)
- It's customizable
- It respects free and open standards
I personally just don't want to offer help to people that are hardcore-ignorant to my knowledge. This means no help for windows or Mac users. Why should a carpenter show people how to hammer a nail with a screwdriver? Or to drive in a screw with a hammer. Because this is what Windos and Mac feel like.

| >>357287 90% of games are windows only
>>357287
Im not about that, windows normies and other people just dont get arguments like >>357289
They'll just say "why should i care" or "linuxfags" coz they never read the explanation seriously. That's sad that most of them dont want to listen...

| Because they have no idea what the fuck you're saying. It sounds to them like "00101110000110linux100110111011peppermint01101011110110011popcorn01011."

| >>357280
Why hate against gnome? I have Gnome 3.0 and like it way better than Unity. I actually used Gnome on my ubuntu while unity was still supported.

| I'm not sure if the posts on this is sarcastic or not

| >>357305 matter of taste, but i hate it too, there are lots of MUCH better de, like kde
>>357292
I guess you're right, but why hate?

| Because they are brainlet niggers that need to be gassed. I bet they fap to the jew bill gates while shoving their unprotected ass with proprietary muslim dildos.

| I like Windows.

| >>357485
Likely not by choice. It's probably the first operating system you've come in contact with and have never bothered to look whether there's better stuff out there.

| >>357305
It takes alot of RAM. Expensive itchy tasty ram

| >>357291
>90% of games are windows only
90% of these games can be played with wine.
>They'll just say "why should i care" or "linuxfags" coz they never read the explanation seriously. That's sad that most of them dont want to listen...
So if they don't care and are fine, why they annoy people in the internet with their problems? They could just call the official microsoft or apple support and not expect others to help them (for free) with their self chosen limitations.

| >>356474 Because techies don't like non-techies. They don't even like other techies. They only like tech.

| >>357976
Being social isn't on our resume half of the time. Playing with vi, on the other hand, yeah that shit's the game.

| >>357979 I know how to exit vim (praise me please)

~writing that made me imagine having gentle femdom with me being praised for writing good code and I kinda wish I had that now~

| Cuz we makem realize that they are retarded

| THE FLESH IS WEAK THE MACHINE IS FOREVER HAIL THE OMNISSIAH HOMOS

| >>c0fc75 I'm imagining like, a tech startup run by a gfd domme where the employees are her harem

| >>357987
Vim is almost the only texteditor I use, atm. Sometimes I use Kate on the desktop.

| Linux fans are like vegans

| I'm an electronic engineer and am specializing in ASIC development so I guess I qualify as a techie?
I see linux as a tool and that's it. >>550f6b hits the nail on the head with the kind of people I've met who are really REALLY into linux.

| >>358725 I really should learn vim but I am a lazy lazy soul

| >>358774
Dropping the bomb:
I should have learned Emacs instead.

| >>358907 the bomb didnt detonate

| >>358774
>>358907
Learn both. I know Vim, but use Emacs with org-mode and evil-mode. It's simply the superior way to do computing. No shiny pseudo-programmer Electron-based editor even comes close.

| >>359124
You are a really perverted one!

| >>358907 alright I'll bite, why learn emacs instead of vim, I know almost nothing about emacs so genuine question

| >>359376
Because it's GNU-Emacs.
https://tinyurl.com/mqn2mrz

Total number of posts: 33, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1531474313

This thread is permanently archived