danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Thanks for recommending me lineage

| Was a pain to install but now that I have it I'm glad. Thanks girls.

| If only there was a decent build for the g5s plus ;-;

| If only there was A build for Nexus 7.

| >>350233
This is the vendors/manufacturers fault. They don't want you to install a third party OS. I got my hands on a LG device and it was a walk through hell to install a diffrent bootloader.

| >>353236
There are builds. One for the wifi and one for the 4G version.

| >>353296
Huh. Last time I checked there was nothing for the 2012 wifi version. Guess I'll look into it again.

| tfw no builds for Nokia 6 because you can't unlock the bootloader

| mfw you have lots of cool android tweaks but half of the manufacturers lock their devices so you cant tweak it as you want. Imagine if pc companies do the same...

| Does doing this void the waranty or cause other issues? I'm curious but don't want to fuck myself.

| >>357269 Installing LineageOD voids warranty

| Good job OP, welcome to the club of people with self-respect.

| >>357361
Which is usually only an issue if flashing the rom fails.
If you need your waranty in another case you could either reflash the stock rom or the damage itself broke the device in a way that it needs to be repaired to find out which OS is on it.

| >>357361
The most important thing is:
Make 1000% Sure you...
- know what device you have exactly
- have the correct ROM for YOUR device
- MAKE A COMPLETE BACKUP OF THE DEVICE
- follow the instructions properly
- eliminate all issues that could occur during the flash process (power supply, unstable or infected computer, etc.)

| Hey, any of you g/u/rls use postmarketOS?
Instead of trying to be a custom Android ROM it just straight up runs GNU/ Linux (KDE Mobile)
Apparently it doesn't have lots of support but ideally you could run desktop apps on your phone directly

| >>358023
Let's be honest, android is far more comfortable and usefull for mobiles, at least because of the apps, so better tweak it and turn off jewgle memes than using standard linux

| >>358143
Well, under the surface of Android runs a Linux. The issues are, that
1. Google replaced GNU components like coreutils or glibc with others, which still are open source but not free (as in freedom)
2. Some devices need unfree drivers that have to be included in the kernel or at least added somehow as module.
I would love to see and use a fully stable gnu/linux on mobile devices. But i heard even KDE/plasma mobile devs rather moved to android...

| >>358194
Free doesnt mean usefull, kde devs switched for the same reason, when you do something free, its less user friendly and less usefull, especially in mobile sphere where everything needs to be fast and easy to understand, thats why android and its apps are all with like one button. I would like android but just cleared from google non-free parts and that's what lineage and other people try to do

| >>358232
Who decides what's "useful"? Software monopolies?

| >>358262 me, and all the other people that prefer android over iphone...at least i think so...

| >>350233
That outdated p2w piece of shit with awful graphics sucks so hard I cant even explain.

| >>350233 you're welcome OP

Total number of posts: 21, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1531338172

This thread is permanently archived