danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Moved from Lastpass to Keepass

| I'm surprised that Lastpass gives you freedom to export your stuff.. The UI is very confusing, but i'll try to get used to it.

| To be fair, Lastpass is a good choice if yoi just want a "just werkz" password manager while sacrificing your security.
I tried KeepassXC but it was buggy so i just went with original one.

| How does LastPass sacrifice your security?

| >>346750 Lastpass is cloud-based.

| Good choice op!

| >>346662
Plaintext encrypted with gpg symmetric cipher? Anyone?
You give your passes to app, which asks you for them? Are one of those non-paranoid creeps, who posts all their life to facebook?

| >>347431
*Are you

| You're so smart. Good luck with accessing your apps on your smartphone.

| Lastpass is inseucre garbage. Good job OP. I wouldn't hire someone who uses lastpass.

| All right, what's the real purpose of these? Is Keepass/Lastpass for people who can't remember passwords, or does it also provide some sophisticated additional security layer (like changing passwords periodically etc.)?

| >>347760
I use lastpass, is it that bad?

| >>347828
It's for storing (preferably) complex passwords and for having different password for every site you use. That's really all a password manager do in a nutshell.

| >>348258
Not really. He's just a crazy paranoid FOSS user, LastPass is fine.

| >>348644
No it's not. You don't/can't know what it does with your data since it's proprietary. It's not fine at all.

| >>348855
You just proved my point.

| >>348869
>implying not trusting something is immidiately "crazy paranoia".

| >>348869
What's it like to be a retard?

| >>348258 Not that bad, but i wouldn't trust my passwords on the cloud even if it was heavily encrypted.

| Tusk is a great firefox addon for these who are lazy to use keepass.

| >>348869
You must be one of the people who think news channels are trustworthy.

| >>348644 you're too young to know DES56. You're too dumb to know any better.

| Use bitwarden

| >>ba5b85 gotta agree. Bitwarden pretty much nails it with ease of use too.

| What about kde wallet (or kwalllet, respectively)?
You either can choose between gpg or blowfish encryption and manage multiple containers.

| Storing passwords on a cloud that is well known, yeah won't take that. If you really need a place to store or recover your passwords than use a program that stores it onsite or in a physical matter. At least you'll be able to control the security.

| >not remembering passwords yourself

| >>357294
>Using the same 4 passwords for everything

| KEEP ASS

| >>359321
this is why i cant have a serious conversation with friends about password managers :(

| >>359417
can we talk about how google chrome stores passwords in plaintext and that you can "Steal" passwords by logging into your friends' chrome (and thus syncing their passwords into your account) ? xDD

| >>359643
Lmao how?

| >>359643
>plaintext
>logging into physical access
When you have physical access to anything without any lock or prevention measures, you are pretty much dead.

It's the same 'hack' as opening your friend's laptop and seeing their Facebook is still logged in, so you decide to 'hack' their account.

This is what login passwords are for, people.

| >OP does a achievement
>most of the thread is argument
Really grinds me gear.

Total number of posts: 33, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1531551619

This thread is permanently archived