danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
What is a Windows user to do in a Linux circlejerk?

|

| Mention most AAA games and content creation tools (eg. Photoshop and FL Studio).

| Enjoy their convenient piece of software without being over paranoid about their data that nobody wants.

| See the error of your ways and install Lunix as well.

| Own the circlejerk by building your own version of windows from scratch without the M$ telemetry

| >>343412
Then regret it because FOSS is overall worse then proprietary software, go back to Windows and play gaemz.

| Trolling?

| Make your own Linux distro and make sure It looks like windows, then claim it's windows and be a cool boi.

| Related question: What is a BSD user to do in a Linux circlejerk?

| >>344608
And what is with templeOS users?
Or ReactOS?
Or OSX?
Or trisquel? (Contains as real free linux kernel)

| >>343816
FOSS is better than proprietary software when it comes to compatibility with free and open standards. It also is more accessible and customizable. Plus community help and userbase is more competent or at least has a higher state of conciousness about technology. Proprietary software is like magic to people and often it's nothing but snakeoil.

| >>45a781 >>344230

| >>344230
That's exactly how I tricked my grandparents to make them use linux. Now I can easily help them with their problems, without having to deal with microsoft shit. Don't get me wrong: I'm often pissed off by what linux distributors do. But at least I understand why they suck and can do something against it with knowledge. And if it comes to the worst it's easier to switch to another distro than with windows (there is only one distributor: microcock)

| Use WSL and once you are comfortable switch to a real distro

| >>346881
And then uninstall it and go back Windows.

| >>346881
WSL is utter trash just like Windows. It doesn't even come close to a real unix environment. The worst thing is that microshafts EEE tactics probably worked and for most webshit devs WSL is enough.

| >>343113
Swallow their superior penguin cum!

| If it's data no one wants then why does M$ gather it and keep it?

| Well you could shut up for a start
You have nothing worthwhile to add the convo, so just sit back and listen, or try to change the subject.

| >>343113 the answer is easy af. With dindos 7 it was ok, but with dildos 10 where not only you must be the "guardian of the knowledge" in order to get theses dildos updates off, you MUST update them ffs, for one or another reason. For example in order to get updates and drivers for wmr (vr headset by ms) you must update windows itself wtf...You simply cant fucking choose which updates you want. And on top of that it constantly send data to ms that you cant control or switch off!

| >>350281 You dont have full control of your computer, its him, or better say ms that have full control of you, so better think about a better alternative to this shit

| Install gentoo

| Whats gen too and why does everybody like it?

| gentoo*

| I'm so fucking tired of techies, can you all just mass-suicide?

| >>353814
We want to, believe me.

| >>353379
It's a linux distro that optimizes packages the best to your hardware

Total number of posts: 27, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1531252343

This thread is permanently archived